1.5

ok guys there are a couple of reasons why luke buys condoms anD LITERALLY THIS CHAPTER AND THE ONE BEFORE IT I'VE GIVEN YOU GUYS A HINT AS TO ONE OF THE REASONS HE BUYS THEM AND IF YOU DON'T REALIZE THAT ONE REASON IM GOING TO JUMP OFF A CLIFF BC ITS SO OBVIOUS

She stopped by her apartment before going to Ashton's place. Yes, she knew that he told her not to, but she desperately needed to change her tampon. Hazel had changed out the clothes she had on, and then put on black, high-waisted skinny jeans and a random top. She decided to keep her hair down, as she thought it looked better that way. Numerous items were thrown inside her purse; including her pills and a small bottle of hand sanitizer.

The clear, turquoise sky was the perfect backdrop for a normal day there. Crowded pavements surrounded every skyscraper filled with the hustle and bustle of people hurrying on their way. The air was alive with talking, freshly cooked food from stalls, fumes of cigars and cigarettes in a rush to blend in with the carbon monoxide produced by the masses of taxis in the crammed streets. Car horns and other city noises prevent people from sleep in the many apartment blocks that litter the vast skyline. Different kinds of lights illuminate the area, where people are seen partying, having fun, and enjoying life.

Above a faded zebra crossing, a traffic light frantically changed colors seeming rather like a disco light. A watchman snored comfortably on his dark brown stool under the protection of his shops's roof. Huge giant buildings stood besides the street, quiet as if taken over by an army of libraries. Some windows gave out white and yellow lights, but the others were pitch black.

From a bird's eye view, this may seems like speckles of various colors in combination to form a bokeh effect of a photograph. Flickering lights, white, reds and blue - a dazzling array of colors that fits together perfectly like a jigsaw puzzle. Monolithic towers, painted structures. Each corner throbbed with activity. Neon lights and advertisement boards. Blazing music everywhere. Deafening monotone honks. Wafts of fast food restaurant smells surrounded by an alley full of dustbins. With this smell hovering in the high humidity, the air felt thick with a scent of hot grease, a strong yet intriguing smell, giving Hazel a feel of malicious fire blazing onto her bare skin like a turkey on thanksgiving. Unfamiliar faces. Familiar faces. Suffocation has turned into a daily routine, chaotic-like but calming.

It didn't take a very long period of time for her to reach Ashton's apartment, well at least not as long as she excepted it would take her. The building he lived in was long, sleek and modern. The view of it was almost blinding, the sun reflected massively on the glass edifice, making it hard for her to stare at the magnificent structure of it. Not wanting to waste another second, she briskly walked through the halls, re-reading Ashton's floor number and address.

Minutes later, she stood in front of his apartment door, hesitantly knocking on it as there was loud bickering heard behind it. After knocking twice, all the noise inside there died down, and she impatiently waited for somebody to open the door for her.

"Hazel!" Ashton greeted, opening up the door for her. He immediately pulled her in for a short hug, then led her inside.

Ashton was a bit too busy rambling about something as he pulled her somwhere, but she wasn't really paying attention as she continued to gaze at all the framed posters they had on the walls, and even a few guitars hung on it. He and his friends must be really into music.

"Guys," she heard Ashton say, "This is-"

"Hazel?" a voice, she recognized almost immediately, spoke.

Her head instantly turned to a couch a rather large couch, where three boys sat, including Michael.

"Michael?" She responded to him, confused.