Chapter Eight- Back Home

Once they arrived at Baker Street, Sherlock placed a wooden plank over the steps.

"I... bought some wood while you were sleeping. I knew you wouldn't be able to hold yourself up, so I made a ramp. So you could wheel up." Sherlock brushed his hand through his black curls.

"Sherlock.... Thank you." Beth smiled. Sherlock had missed her smile. She had been asleep for so long and she didn't smile in her sleep. Only cry. As she wheeled up the ramp, Sherlock felt an ache in his heart. He realized that he was the cause of this. He was the reason she was shot. She should have stayed and Lestrade should have gone with Sherlock. Then this would have never happened. She would have never been shot. Sherlock hung his head low and walked inside, closing the door. Beth looked at Sherlock and smiled.

"I won't be able to go to my room." Beth informed him.

"Alright. I can't build a ram-" Sherlock started before Beth cut him off.

"No silly. I won't be able to." She repeated. Sherlock realized what she meant and smiled.

"So you must sleep in my room. There is no other option." He said in a firm voice. Beth laughed and Sherlock stared at her.

"What?" she questioned.

"I missed you." He confessed.

"I missed you too. Come here, love." Beth chirped. He knelt down in front of her. She pulled his body to her's and pressed her soft lips against his. He raked his hands through her hair and he lowered her out of the wheelchair onto his lap. She smiled and kissed him more. Her hand traveled to his chest, unbuttoning his shirt. He smiled and snuck his hand under her shirt. Bethany removed Sherlock's white shirt and pushed him back. Her hand burrowed into Sherlock's curls. Sherlock smiled as he realized that she would be sleeping in his room for a few weeks. Bethany yelped when Sherlock reached the exit of the bullet. He quickly removed his hand and guided Beth to her wheelchair.

"I am so sorry, Beth. I didn't mean for that to happen." Sherlock apologized. Bethany nodded and gave him a weak smile, hiding her pain.

"It's alright. Can you grab me some pajamas from my room?" Bethany asked. He listened to his love's order and walked into Beth's blue room. He noticed a book on her desk with a picture of the smile on their wall. He chuckled and flipped to the most recent entry.

'' I've come to the conclusion that I do in fact have a 'thing' for my flatmate, Sherlock. He is so perfect. His hair is curly and usually, his curls fall in the exact spots as they did the day before. I find his voice very intelligent and attractive, still. He is tall and their is a major high difference, which makes me think if I kiss him, will he bend down or will I stand on my toes. I hope I have to stand on my toes because I find that romantic. Sherlock also has a very secretive side and a childish side. Sometimes I hear him play violin and it helps me sleep. I also hear him cheer if he gets a good case, or gush over the phone to John how amazing his case is. I find it adorable. And the way he barely speaks to me just makes me want to learn more about him. So I will. 3/12/10'

Sherlock found himself smiling as he closed her journal. He then walked to her drawer labeled 'sleepwear' and he pulled out a pair of shorts and a tank top. He closed her door and walked downstairs to find that Beth had made tea, but she wasn't there.