Chapter 1:- The Dream and The fight

On the sixth day of May, the north-eastern Berks County had an ordinary town called Kutztown, known for its pretzels, according to Jack. It was buzzing with normal activities with women tending to their homely chores, husbands going off to do their jobs and children playing in their front lawn, just a regular evening in the lane. Even Jack had many teenage friends to know that a bit too much regular is not good, he wanted adventure but it seemed everybody accept him had experiences to talk about, the only adventure he had was the disappearance of his girlfriend Glinda a long time ago. However even his friends claimed to know of no such woman but he knew her quite vividly and detailed but that was almost a year ago and people were getting tired of hearing it. What worried Jack most was that slowly with time he was beginning to forget her face.

She was a slim and rather languid looking woman with a evergreen blithe expression on her face. Jack liked her because she was different from other teenage girls. She did not care much aout her appearance and was not lost amidst the cascade of dresses, looks,etc. She was not popular but she had a kind of radiating aura making people comfortable with her and speaking the truth about their lives even if they barely know her.

She always liked wearing a white spaggheti top which she used to claim had saved her life once but never rattled it off like generally people do with their secrets when they speak to her. Her pants always consisted of jeans however everyday their colour changed. Glinda's comforting aura had first made Jack a victim but then he began controlling himself from rattling of embarrassing ones and Glinda fascinated by his grit had become his friend and slowly the sicklly sweet of flower of romance bloomed and they found themselves head over heels for each other.

The night when it all happened he had gone to Justin's house to study, the most normal guy he knew and he was pretty sure they would relate to each other more deeply but sadly, even he had an exciting experience to talk about his new girlfriend he had got.

That announcementreally stung Jack. Justin was one of those kids who was actually pretty funny but was not that good looking or popular. He was actually pretty nice to have around but nobody except Jack knew about his awesomeness. Jack and justin were childhood friends and were almost like brothers. He was the only non - superficial friend Jack had. Now even justin had someone else and javk had no one. Well he had his parents but it was not the same. Even though Jack was ssd he tried his best not to show it as it was difficult not to hide things from Justin.

Well Jack pretended to hear him but he had it uptil his limits, so he went home and prayed with all his might knelt at the side of his bed for a new, adventurous life with Glinda at his side. He then looked out the window and watched as nighttime fell and the sky blushed purple.

"Wow!" he thought, "a year later and my feelings have still not changed" he completed with a sigh.

Later when he was lying in bed and slowly drifted off to sleep he had a dream he imagined himself walking in the forest where he had his last moment with Glinda, obviously they did not know that she was going to disappear later and her face in his mind had been reduced to a blur and then 'the incident' happened and they were standing at the edge of the Sacony Creek looking at the river flow by, the only clean river in their city and the main source of water in their not-so-pleasnt little town. Suddenly a green and black portal appeared at Glinda's right side and an invisible force pushed Jack into the river and sucked in Glinda and that was the last time he had seen her but this time when he was going back two to three hours later after looking everywhere for her and with tears in his eyes, he actually began wondering if what he had seen was real or not and then another sipernatural thing happened and Jack fell into a dark crevice without a bottom, like a chasm and he was swallowed in pitch darkness, when he hit the ground of the crevice, he was inside a black mansion with a dim light but when he looked around there wasn't any source, it had seemed like it were a thousand years old and a golden sword lay on the ground glinting and reflecting the light and its gold hilt glowing brightly, he then did the smart thing and went and picked up the sword and then when he looked outside through the windows which were double-paned and covered in scratches and marks he saw two huge bat statues outside flapping their wings and staring inside, he quickly looked away and he saw a pitch-black stain on the floor and when he went close to it, he felt gush of cold air and when he put his foot over it to check what was it, it turned out to be another hole and he fell inside leaving the mansion behind and falling for a couple of hours he estimated but whe he reached the ground, the impact surprisingly did not kill him in the dream of course, but later when he saw through the help of the light of the sword, he saw he had fallen in a bundle of toys and when he looked around he saw paintings and drawings mad by a child on the wall and when he looked around he could make out that this as a child's room, the walls were painted with light-green colums with alternating white columns between them and then he saw a bed with tom and jerry bedsheets and then there was a big window, much bigger than one could imagine for a child's room, it was ten-feet tall with scratches and marks just like the previous ones he had seen, and then he saw the ceiling which was like a giant spider's web but with red and golden threads instead of spider spit and it formed a kind of rising cone forming a spike upwards.