00:09

//Dedicated to Sumaita for the amazing cover to the side!//

.

Jon

.

I saw him pull up to her house, his car doubled parked in front of her front door. He stumbled out slightly, clutching his stomach and from what I could see, he suffered from a great beating that left some inward bruises.

Shar Lionel. His name felt sour on my tongue. I loathed this guy primarily because he wanted to get into Andy's pants so badly. I was contemplating whether to bombard outside and bestow another great beating upon him. For a massive guy, he surely took one for the team.  

But then I saw her, dressed in a fuck-me loose pants and a short crop top that put her perfectly smooth stomach on display. A soft growl escaped from my mouth at seeing her touch Shar and bring him inside her home.

I should be there! I should have her arms around me and have her wrapped close to me. I should be the one that she gasped for, the one she cared for. It was always Andy for me and to see her already inviting other guys to her home really knifed me deep.

I flickered my gaze to her window, knowing that any second now the light would switch on. I had been staring at her window for hours now, hoping it showed any shadows or hoping to catch any slight movement  that indicated that she was still awake.

Then I saw a scrunched ball silhouette fly across her room and then I knew she was writing. She never knew this but I always stared and admired her from far when she was writing. It was like another state took her over, she was in another world and far from reality. She never knew I had read her grey notebook before and how her magic of stringing words together really left me dumbfounded and in a slight daze.

I messed up. I messed for not looking into the signs more carefully. For cowering into my fears of her rejecting me and giving into Marie's calls. But she was far from amazing as Andy. Andy was like a siren call to my ears and to my whole body which quivered just under her virtuous touch. With just one sigh coming over her perfectly plum lips... I was sent off the rails.

But I never knew she  felt something for me. I thought the love that burned between us was one sided - coming from me -  but having learned that she cared more deeply made me feel both angry and happy. Angry because I could've pursued my relationship with her and made it official  but happy because I learned that the girl I loved had something there for me.

I heard soft murmurs coming from her room and a  second later, Labrinth's voice sang from her room. He was in her room.

In my Andy's room.

I was seeing red and I balled my fists in front of me, ready to hulk jump into her window. But that slight fear I never seemed to have won a battle against pushed me back. I never wished for more to have the courage to jump into her bedroom like she jumps into mine.

I was zapped out of my erratic train of thoughts with a ring from my phone. I dived for it over my bed and answered at the final ring.

"Hello-"

"Is this Jon Collins?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at the unknown caller, their unisex voice ringing through my ears. For some reason, dread filled my stomach as I felt my heart drop.

I answered but nothing came out of my mouth. I cleared my throat and pushed out a more audible "Yes?"

I listened carefully to the monotone voice of the speaker, each word numbing me further. I didn't wait for them to finish their call before I lowered the phone down my ear, onto my lap... and then hurled it to my wall. It collided with a quick whack and I watched the pieces fly in every direction.