8

A pink haired maiden walked through the streets of Crocus.  Another tall figure walked beside her.  It was hard to remain inconspicuous with their hair color and from the clothing they wore.  Everything about them screamed mages.  People seemed to skirt around them, yet their eyes followed their movements.  The young woman didn't feel bothered, she knew that Cobra was behind her,  keeping the people at a distance.  He liked to be alone and could tolerate only a few people.  The air around him intimidated others.

They were on a mission.  The other members from their guild, Crime Sorciere, had scattered. The poison dragon slayer and Meredy's mission was to find the whereabouts of Jellal and then report back.  The young mage decided to keep Cobra with her for his efficiency for reading people's minds.  If anyone could read out the darkest minds, it was him. 

"Where are we going?" he growled out.  He didn't like to talk either, if he didn't have to.  The pink-haired woman smiled.  She gave little orders on what they were doing.  Jellal's mission had been vague.

"Why don't you read my mind?" she suggested.

"Because you think of some weird stuff."

She turned to look up at him, her eyebrows raising.  "But Sorano says it's the best way to keep you from reading my mind."

"That b...." 

She smiled and shook her head.  "If she's here, she would kick your ass."

"I'll like to see her try."

"Aww, we both know you'll lose."

"You wish."  Cobra acted like Sorano and the other members of Crime Sorciere didn't matter to him but they did.  He liked to act tough.

She stopped at a bar.  The place was already crowded.  Tourists and citizens of Crocus were sharing their happiness by drinking alcohol. 

"Can you read their minds?"

  "Mostly they're betting who's going to win this year Grand Magic Games," he answered.

"Do you know whose going to triumph?" she asked.  Fairy Tail was the talk around town.  After was Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus.  But Fairy Tail drew in the crowd for their outstanding performance two years ago and the way they saved Crocus from the dragons.

"No.  I could read people's minds but I can't see the future."

She waved her hand into the air.  "I was just asking."

He knew when he was being dismissed.  She walked inside the bar called Heaven's Wane.  The place where she took a seat, the people hurried away from her.  Their faces showed uneasiness not over her but her companion.  She sighed.  Cobra relaxed in his seat next to her.  The bartender came to them instantly.  He tried not to visibly shake while he took their orders.

To keep their everything simple, the pink hair maiden order beer for them.

The bartender rushed to get their order, relief settling over him to be away from them for a moment.

"You can stop intimidating them for now."  She needed information, which was why they were seated at a bar.  It was the perfect area to catch up on the action going on in Fiore.

"Fine," he grunted.

Two glasses of ice cold beer were pushed in her direction.  She reached into her dress pocket and pulled out jewels.  "Keep the change," she said with a bright smile.

Briefly, the bartender returned her smile but then he flinched at her companion's stare and he moved on to the other customers.

"Cobra."