5

Erza Scarlet sat on one of the available stools in a bar, The Sun and Moon, Crocus. Watching the other Fairy Tail members having a good time, a smile split across her pretty face. It had been a long time since the members got together to participate in a fun event. They all suffered greatly in the past two years so to see everyone drinking, eating and singing merrily made Erza's heart swell.

"Here's your strawberry cake, miss," the bartender interrupted her thoughts.

She nodded at the man, her face turning serious. Taking her fork, she sliced into the piece of cake. But before she could enjoy the sweetness of her snack, she felt something tingling along her thigh. She reached to take out an earring communications lacrima from her pants' pocket -which was one of the rare days she decided to wear pants- and put the device to her ear.

There was only one person who would be contacting her. "Jellal."

"Erza," he returned.

Hearing his voice overwhelmed her. There was a flash of them as children in the Tower of Heaven in her mind. "I..." If she didn't know any better, her eyes were getting wet. Blinking and wiping briefly at her eyes with her hands, she tried to answer him again. "It's been awhile."

"We spoke three days ago."

Okay, maybe she didn't recollect herself. "W-wow, feels longer."

His chuckle vibrated through her earpiece and Erza felt herself smiling again. Jellal rarely smiled or laughed so it was good to hear him being happy. Then his tone lowered. "I'm calling to report the mission." Their friendly chat was over.

"So everything is done?" she asked him. Fairy Tail along with the other magical guilds had been getting reports of tourists going missing in Crocus. Most of them were young females. For some reason, Erza had a nagging feeling about Lucy. The celestial mage also disappeared suddenly and although not in Crocus, Erza couldn't help but connect the two. She didn't reveal to Jellal that many of the tourists were around Lucy's age and possessed similar physical features as her. She wanted to query the job, which was why she sent her best friend. If anyone could make results, it was him.

"The status of the mission remains unknown." This was a first for Jellal.

"Do you need help?" Eyes from another person landed on her. She lifted her head to see Laxus, the lightening dragon slayer, sipping a glass of whiskey while eyeing her from across the bar. Apparently, the blond was listening in on their conversation. "Say the word and Fairy Tail will have your back."

"I couldn't ask you to spare a few of your mages, not when the Grand Magic Games is a day away," her best friend said.

Laxus put his drink down on the counter, his fingers tapping lightly on the rim. He inclined his head to her, giving her the okay -if she needed him and a few other mages to help out her friend, they were ready. "I don't mind. We are already here in Crocus."

"Since when did you guys get in?" Jellal asked her. He sounded surprise.

"This morning," she answered him.

"No, I can manage," he said tersely. Erza blinked. She wanted to ask him if he was sure when he suddenly came out with, "Can you contact Meredy for me?"

She was about to question him further when his device disconnected, leaving her hanging onto nothing. For Jellal to ask her to contact his second in command in Crime Sorciere meant something did happen. He needed help.

Immediately, the lightening dragon slayer got up from his stool and approached Erza with a steady calmness. He took a seat next to her, his frame seeming too big compared to her smaller one. He faced the other members, acting his casual self. The new guild master of Fairy Tail was grateful for his placidness. She didn't want to alert the others, especially Natsu, Gray and Gajeel about something being off. Those three males were all hyped on proving who was better than who. They would insist to help out Jellal.