Chapter 17: the return

"Ugh," I sighed, not comprehending my homework. I felt depressed at the complete silence in the house. It was so quiet, and I cant believe I'm admitting this, but I was starting to miss loud ass Alex.

As I scribbled down answers on my homework, I heard the lock on the door start to unlock.

My head snapped. I was immediately thinking there was a burglar in the house. I grabbed the bat next to me and    quietly ran to the door. Before I could see who it is, the door opened.

I raised my bat, almost hitting them, before I realized it was my parents at the door.

"What a way to greet your parents after weeks without them," my sarcastic mom said. "I'm so sorry! I thought it was a burglar."

I wrapped my arms around my parents, not only happy that they were finally here, but because they weren't burglars.

"How come you're here, and not where you were staying?" My mom asked.
"I just got here yesterday, I wanted to be here when you guys got here," I lied.

"Well how about we celebrate by ordering in like old times," my dad suggested. "I'd love that."
-
"Mmmm, I forgot how good pineapple pizza is," my mom moaned at the taste of junk food. "I haven't had pure grease in so long." Now it was my dad that spoke.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "I miss you guys." "As do we."

"Sooo what'd we miss." My mom raised her eyebrows. "Welll, I'm seeing someone-" suddenly my dad spit out the pineapple in his throat.

My face cringed, "gross dad."

"YOU finally have a boyfriend," my mom shockingly said, causing me to glare at her. "Thanks for acting so surprised."

"Its not that, its just you hate the idea of relationships."

"Well then you'd be happy to know I was in two relationships," I challenged. "Wow that was unexpected." I shoved my dad of the cushion he was sitting on.

We were all sitting on the floor on cushions, with a low table on the ground. Thats our style of a dinner table. To be honest it was really comfy and cool.

My mom gave me a half five. "So who's the lucky guy?" "Alexander," I blurted out. "This night just keeps on getting more interesting," dad said bringing his mug to his mouth.

"Wait what?! You guys would be so adorable together!"

"Thats enough mom." "I'm just so happy for you," me and my dad rolled our eyes at her excitement. "Just remember if he hurts you, I got my shotgun ready," my dad's overprotective side suddenly became evident. "Tell me all about it!"

My mom was acting like a teenage girl at a sleepover.

"Well..."

We spent the rest of the night with giggles, enjoying ourselves.

Even though they aren't my biological parents, they're still my real family....