Chapter 3: the tunnel

The tunnel that led to the farm was long and narrow. Saffron was already crying after the first ten minutes of crawling. She had always been sensitive. But then, she was only nine.
"Hey dad! Where's Bimbile?" June asked.
"He...uh..." Lawbridge cleared his throat. "He stayed behind, to lead the troops in the other direction."
June gasped and her eyes started to prickle.
"But he'll die! They'll kill him!!" June almost yelled.
"Sssshhh!!!" the Professor said, frowning.
"Don't shush me!! You should have made him come!! Why didn't you make him come!!?? WHY?"
She screamed.
"I'm sorry but if he hadn't we would have-" he was cut off by June.
"It's all about you isn't it dad! You don't care if someone dies as long as you will live!! It's all about you!! He served you for ten years!! Protected you! The least you could have done for him is try to keep him alive!!!" June had now stopped crawling and was sitting in the middle of the tunnel, angry tears rolling down her face.
Tamson placed a comforting hand on her shoulder but she shook it off quickly and wiped her eyes.
"Hey look!!! Light!!" Chip cried, pointing forward.
"It's the farm!" Lawbridge Whispered. Saffron gave a sigh of relief.