Chapter 2: Black Flower Apartments & The Flood

Here's chapter 2. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Thank you to everyone who voted, Favorited and commented it helps a great deal. This chapter and chapter 1 initially one giant chapter, I had to split it up and then decided to make them two separate chapter.

It worked out in the end.

EDIT 05/01/19: Hello everyone, I'm sorry it's taking me so long to get chapter 10 up. I have finally moved home and am no longer living in a hotel room with my mother and Aunt meaning I'm actually getting a decent nights sleep and don't feel like a zombie.

I've added a few things into this chapter. I'll be doing it too all of the chapters. Wint3r_4016 is helping me with my spelling and I' helping him edit his story Adventures of Natur: Greyhorn, he's just posted chapter 2, even though I haven't gotten around to editing yet its a wonderful story.

If you like stories about Orcs, Elves, Dwarves and Humans then you should read his story, leave a vote and a comment to let him know what you think about it.

Chapter 1 Recap: Marlia has to write an original story, spaces out in class, Natalia tries to find out what she was writing about and then asks her about the Lady Darkling Series. Natalia invites Marlia to go the moves knowing she will ask to go to her place after.

Key:

(added description)

thoughts

[comments from future Marlia]

---

Date: 13/08/18
Time: 10:00 pm - 11:28 pm

"Hello, Myra, whose responsible for the flood this time?" I questioned as Myra pushed her slime-covered hair out her face, a half-amused, a half annoyed smile on her face as she pointed up.

Of course, it was the twins, who else would it be.

"Don't know what Liz and Jack did to upset them this time. I think it was something big though. Who's your friend?" Myra answered, brushing a piece of black-green hair behind her slightly pointed ear.

Her fingers appeared to be webbed for a second but looked completely normal when I looked again.

"This is Nat. I thought they would have learned after the last time I had to talk to them about the dangers of playing with an excessive amount of water, bath bombs and electricity." I sighed, running a hand through my hair, irritated.

I tipped a handful of stones I had collected onto my palm from a bag and let Myra chose the ones she linked. I turned to look at Natalia when her grip on my arm tightened. I had no idea why she was so scared. Myra always wore gloves. There was nothing to worry about.

"Thanks, Lia. Try not to touch the walls, they're covered in some sort of slime. It doesn't seem to want to come off," Myra commented, brushing her hair out of her face and behind her ears yet again.

Myra was incredibly graceful and knew better than to touch the walls. If you did, happen to touch the walls you'd end up with ... interesting side effects, that more often than not lasted for a few days up to a few weeks if you were really unlucky.

[It was something Myra made look effortless, she had, however, told me, it was far from effortless when I asked her how she always looked so put together and tidy. It wasn't something I could ever pull off.

When I mentioned it, she just laughed and shook her head and told me I had my own charm].

"Try salt and vinegar. If you don't have a really strong chemical cleaner," Natalia offered nervously from behind me. I got the impression it had nothing to do with Myra being covered in slime. I made an effort to be friendly but was still weary and sure not to touch her skin.