Chapter 127

Songs for this chapter-

-Bloodstream - Ed Sheeran

-Hold My Hand - The Fray

May

*Harry's POV*

"What the fuck is wrong with you Harry?" Niall whispers across the aisle. Everyone else is participating in class, raising their hands, asking questions, answering them, everything a student should do. On the other hand, me and Niall are not.

"What are you talking about?" I whisper back. Niall looks around, then scoots his desk closer to mine without the teacher noticing. Being sat in the back has its advantages, talking without anyone noticing is one of them.

"Louis." he states, shaking his head.

"I don't know what you're talking about and I don't care." I spit, bringing my attention back to the front of the room. The teacher hasn't noticed that Niall has moved, and I'm sure she won't anytime soon. She's too focused on the nerd in front of her. The smart ass is answering all the questions without giving anyone else a chance.

"You know what I'm talking about, Harry." Niall swats my arm, then quickly pretends to be paying attention before he gets caught.

"I have no clue about what you're talking about. Just shut up and pretend to pay attention like you always do." I hiss. Maybe I do know what he's talking about, but as of a month ago, the name Louis is irrelevant to me.

"You're such an ignorant asshole!" Niall says under his breath. "This whole month you've been nothing but an asshole, to everyone. You know, just because things ended with you and Louis, doesn't mean you have to take your anger out on everyone. What the hell happened to the person you were?" He stares at me dead in the eyes, shaking his head as if he was ashamed. Why the hell should he care, he's no one. Everyone is no one and I couldn't care less about anyone's opinion.

I've changed for the best, renewed myself. I've become better. My life no longer depends on having that person by my side anymore. I no longer have the fear of losing that someone and it feels good. In this short time period, I've had time to think about my future for once, without all the having children, marrying, bullshit like stuff. This month has been good, great in fact. Last week I was able to apply to a handful of Uni's. Something I never thought I'd be able to do. But according to all of the Uni's I'm an exceptional student, ranked third in my class. Who would've thought I actually have the brains, little does everyone know, so little. I may have a bad image, a restored bad image and reputation but that doesn't stop me from being accepted into the Uni of my choice.

After all the pondering, I shift my body towards Niall, bringing my attention back to his question. "What the hell happened to the person I was, you ask? Niall, that person is back and here to stay. You don't actually think the person I was a month ago was actually me, do you? And if you do, then you clearly didn't know me enough." I shoot him a smirk, shifting my body back to face the front.

"Stop lying, Harry. I've known you for a very long time Harry, and the person you were with Louis, is the same person that stepped into this school three years ago." he snaps, his tone a lot harsher now. "What happened fighting for what you had, and fighting for Louis and just fighting? What happened to not giving up?"

My chest rises, my sigh sounding very profound. "I didn't give up, Niall. I lost hope." I sigh.

"Same thing, Harry. Point is that you weren't supposed to give up. Maybe Louis wanted some reassurance, maybe he wanted you to fight to prove to him that what you had wasn't all fun and games. It's the ultimate relationship test, and you've failed it. You lost" Niall says, as he turns to face the front.