Chapter 5

Harry said the café was right outside of town, at this point I don't have a clue to how far is "right outside of town". He had already been driving for 20 minutes on the highway.

"How far exactly is this café?"

"About half an hour or so, we're close I swear."

His eyes never leave sight of the road, even when he talks to me.

"Oh."

"Didn't they ever teach you never to get inside a car with a stranger?"

"Umm."

I'm taken back by his question. My mum did always warn me to never go near a person I didn't know but Harry was an excuse, I think? I did know him after all, not personally but by what I had been told.

"You don't have to answer, I'm just playing with you."

It became quiet all of a sudden but he interrupted that.

"Why are you so quiet?"

"Same goes to you."

"Well I actually have an excuse unlike you."

"What's your excuse?"

"I'm driving, isn't it obvious?"

"But you're talking right now and driving, so that is no excuse."

"I liked it better when you were quiet."

The rest of the way there was quiet. I saw a sign on the side of the road that welcomed us to the town where the supposed café was at.

We finally get to the café he was talking about. There are big bold cursive letters at the top that read "The Rouge". By the looks of it, it seemed fancy and expensive. Harry parked his fancy car next to a car that was similar to his but red.

I get off the car leaving my backpack behind inside of it. I make my way up the railing on the side of the building following Harry. He opens the door and stands next to it, holding it open. I stop myself from going inside thinking he'll go in first but to my surprise he was holding it open, for me.

"Go on."

He instructs. As we both walked inside, Harry now behind me, I stop again to admire the decor of the place. The place was quite a sight. It had chandeliers and fancy floors, nothing I was ever used to. Just by the looks of it I could tell it cost a fortune to just sit in here. There's not alot of people in here but the ones that are, are dressed in suits and look like the business type. Rich perhaps.

"Harry! My boy!"

We hear an elderly woman's voice coming from what I think was the kitchen.

"Barbara!"

Harry yells back, not as enthusiastic.

I stand corrected as an elderly woman walks out of the kitchen with an apron around her waist, covered with flour. She walks straight to Harry as fast as she can, not taking any notice of my presence. She hugs Harry, Harry only stands there, making it a bit awkward

"It's been such a long time since I've seen you! What has it been 3 years? Ever since Sam-"

"Uh yeah." 

Harry hurries to cut her off. He seems worried but I don't make much of it as he signals to Barbara that I'm here.

"Who might this be?"

"I'm Louis."

I stretch out my arm to shake her hand. As she shakes it she tilts her head a bit, curiosity in her face.