The Nerd Life Episode 9: Unexpected

Aaron was set to come over at two. I was wearing dark blue jeans, a bright yellow shirt with a purple skull on the front, a matching headband, and a black pair of flats. I emptied my bag from last night and traded it for a smaller over the shoulder one. This time I took my cell, my wallet, and my iPod.

Mom and dad were going to see Hope and Josie, and mom said they would be gone for most of the day. They didn't leave until almost noon, so I figured i would have until atleast six to get home.

Aaron showed up right at two. He was driving a smaller blue car this time. I rushed to the car and flung myself inside.

"Hey, Naomi," Aaron did a quick U-turn and we were on our way. He kept his eyes on the road and we didn't do much talking.

"Where are we?," This wasn't a hospital, it was a farm. Then I saw the sign: Brookville Livestock Animal Hospital. I had no idea they even had one of these here.

"My uncle founded this place in 1987, he still runs it today," Aaron grabbed my arm, "Come on and meet Steph."

Oh yeah, I completely forgot. Since we were at an animal hospital I assumed Steph wasn't a past girlfriend, but an animal. I was proved right when we stopped in front of a stall. Through the glass I could see a white and black spotted horse.

"She is beautiful Aaron," I said for lack of better words.

"Do you mind waiting out here while I visit her?"

I smiled as Aaron went in her stall and knelt by her head. It was sweet, and honestly seemed a little out of character for him.

"He really loves his animals," a middle aged guy who looked just like Aaron's dad stood beside me and looked through the glass. His crisp white lab coat made noises when he lifted his hand to shake mine, "I'm Aaron's uncle Edward."

"I'm Naomi," I shook his hand and turned my attention back to the horse and Aaron. He reluctantly stood and rubbed her head before coming back out. He hugged Edward.

"Thanks for taking care of her," Aaron smiled.

"She is a very well behaved horse," He nodded his head at

me, "I have some lab work to run over. It was nice meeting you Naomi. You kids be good."

"We will," Aaron turned to me, "Do you want to go home?"

"Not if you want to do something," We walked towards the door. Edward was yelling at the receptionist when we left.

"Well I was planning to work on my farm today, if you want to come I would enjoy the company."

"It's settled then."

We left the hospital laughing. Maybe it wouldn't be too awkward between us.