The Nerd Life Episode 6: Suprise, Suprise

I was suprised when we had to stop at a gate, and Aaron had to type in a code for the iron gate doors to open. I couldn't help but notice the huge front yard, the plantation style house, or the mutiple barns. The whole place was huge

"Wow. Your farm is amazing," I laughed as a huge cat chased down a little pug puppy.

"The cat's name is cotton, and the pug's name is Jo," Aaron shook his head in mock shame, "That girl should teach her cat some manners. But then again Jo needs to toughen up a little."

"So what chores do you have to do?," I opened the door when he parked the truck. I pulled my stuff down and waited for Aaron to answer.

"Well don't you want to meet my family first? It's down right rude to make a guest do chores."

"I'm not dressed nice," When I protested he gave an annoyed look.

"It's not like you're meeting royalty. They will probably just be relieved it's paint on your shirt and not manure."

"Well okay," I followed him halfway to the front door before realizing he still had my hand in his. I let go and pushed my glasses up my nose. It was wierd, the hand holding thing. It felt natural to be around him. I guess that's why instead of calling Tessie, I texted Aaron.

"You ready?" He waited until I nodded before opening the door. I stepped on hardwood floors until we got to the kitchen, where the flooring turned to white tile. "Hey mom."

"Hey Aaron," The first thing I noticed about Aaron's mom was her stomach. She was probably eight months pregnant, and she had the goofiest grin on her face. A grin had seen on Aaron multiple times. "So this Naomi?"

"Yeah. Where is Demi?," Aaron turned to me and added, "You will really like her."

"She is in the living room watching television with your dad. Jake is asleep on the couch, do not wake him up!"

We walked into a dark room to the right. The toddler sleeping on the couch was the first person I saw, then Aaron's dad. He was reclined, a remote on his stomach a beer in his hand.

Demi, who appeared to be around fifteen, laughed. It echoed through the room, but didn't wake the baby up. When she noticed me her face reddened, but she wheeled over to us. I hadn't even noticed she was sitting in a wheelchair. She held up her hand to me. I shook it.

"I'm Demi Jo."

"I'm Naomi," I smiled at her.

"Well see ya," she went back to the place she was watching the television from before.

I followed Aaron back into the kitchen. I gave his mom a little wave as we headed out the back door. He led me to a four wheeler. He sat down and started it.

"Well get on if you want to see the horses," he had to yell for me to hear him. I was reluctant to get on, but I did want to see his horses. I got on and held tight to his back. I heard a deep laugh before he took off. I didn't actually scream, it was more like I yelp, but that didn't stop Aaron from making fun of me when he finally stopped.

"That was priceless," He laughed until we made it to the barn doors, "Now don't make any loud noises, because they are more scared of you than you are of them. Well maybe you might be a little more scared but don't worry I'll hold your hand."

"Jerk," I playfully pushed his arm, "I'm not afraid of horses."

"We'll see about that."

Yeah you will, I thought before following him into the horse barn.