Chapter 53

Ambers POV

"Hey Nash." I walked into the loft with my heavy book bag over my shoulders. Nash turned his head around and looked over his shoulder. He smiled and said hi as he turned back and kept watching Spongebob.

I got out early from school because my architecture professor called out sick. There weren't any sub so we just went home. It's about 9 at night but its still early to me. I usually come home at 12 at night.

"How was school?" Nash asked as I put my bag down and cracked my back. I made my way to kitchen to get some apple juice. I told him that it was good and about the professor. I uncapped the bottle and drank it without a cup. I'm the only one who drinks it so I'm not worried about germs.

A lot happened in these 2 months. After Austin left, I concentrated more on school than boys. That one week where I "tried killing myself" I missed a lot of work. Essays, reports, designing projects. So much I missed in one week. But I got it all done.

If you're wondering about Nash and I, we're not a thing. Even though he confessed that he still likes me, I don't want to bother. School is my one priority right now. I can't get side tracked and get another boyfriend. I explained that to him and he understood me.

I laid off of drinking. Even if its a Samuel Adams beer, I decide not to drink it because it reminds me too much of the bad times. You can say that I'm piecing my life back together. And I am.

"Austin called." I heard Nash speak as I was putting the juice back in the fridge. I closed my eyes and sighed. Remembering the promise I made myself that night on New Years Eve.

Not to talk about Austin.

I closed to fridge and walked to where I placed my bag and picked it up. "I don't want to know." I said throwing it over my shoulder and walking slowly to my room.

"He asked if you want to go to a Valentine party." He said and I stopped half way to my room.

Valentine party? Oh wait .. its February. I forgot.

"Is he even in New York?" I asked harshly remembering seeing an interview where he said that he was gonna do concerts all over the US.

"Yea he is." He spoke not looking at me. His eyes glued to the screen as he laughed when squidward turned fat when he was eating all those krabby patties. I smiled looking at the TV.

I then asked him if it was tonight and he said yes. "I can't." I spoke remembering that I still have to do more sketches for a house I'm "going to design". He looked over at me and asked why. Then I told him.

"I have to do sketches for a house I'm designing." I spoke and his brows raised. His eyes spoke Really?

"I'm not kidding ... I actually have a ton of things to do." I lied. I just have to draw a simple design of a house and then I'm done. He then grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. He got up and walked pass me to his room. I leaned on the doorway as he turned around.