twenty-three

'I can't believe you did all this for me.' Meghan says shaking her head as she glances around the gardens which are filled with some of her favorite people including people who have flown in from the USA.

'You deserve it and so much more. I wish I could give you the world.' He replies causing her to smile.

'You've given me an amazing life, Harry. You've given me a beautiful daughter and another little one on the way. Plus, you have given me so much love and happiness; I genuinely couldn't ask for anything more.' She says resting her hand on his chest.

'Well you deserve everything. Granny says she's sorry she couldn't come but she would like to have tea when she's home.' Harry says kissing the top of her head as Beatrice makes her way over with Diana balanced on her hip.

'I think a certain little lady needs changed.' Beatrice says gently bouncing the little girl on her hip as Harry smiles.

'I'll take her. You go mingle and enjoy yourself.' Harry says smiling at Meghan as he takes the little girl into his arms. He makes his way back into the apartment and upstairs to the nursery.

'Shall daddy change you out of this dress and into a comfy sleepsuit? Hmm?' Harry says softly as he places Diana on the changing table. He always knew he wanted to give Meghan a bit of a party since they were at the wedding last year but he wasn't sure if it would be at Balmoral or Kensington.

'Oh wow... What a lovely story, Deedee.' Harry says smiling. He quickly changes the little girl's nappy before dressing her in a little pale yellow sleepsuit. Lifting the little girl into her arms, he balanced Diana on his hip and kisses the top of his head.

****

Making his way out to the garden, Harry can't help but smile as he sees Meghan dancing with Charlotte and Ivy; Kate and William decided to postpone their trip to Balmoral for a few days. He watches her spin both girls causing them to giggle as she looks over in his direction. Keeping Diana balanced on his hip, he makes his way over to the drinks table where he grabs himself a glass of water.

'Where's my angel?' Meghan says smiling as the music ends and she makes her way over to Harry.

'Did daddy get you ready for bed?' She asks as Harry passes the little girl to her and smiles.

'I thought she'd probably be comfier and if she falls asleep it means we don't need to wake her.' He replies.

'Daddy's smart.' Meghan says smiling as she tucks herself into Harry's side.

'You having a good time?' He asks and she nods her head.

'Mmm...  I genuienly can't believe you've done all this for me.' She replies.

'You deserve it all, Meg... Why don't you let me take her inside to give her a bottle and then you can go have fun with your friends.' He suggests putting his arms back out for Diana who giggles and buries her head in the crook of Meghan's neck.

'It's okay. Sarah wants to see her anyway.' She replies smiling. She quickly kisses him before making her way over to Sarah, her former co-star, and instantly begins to have a conversation as Harry watches on.

'You done good, Harry. I don't think I've seen her smile this much in a while... With everything that's been going on lately I think this is exactly what she needed. Some time surrounded by her family and friends, the people she cares about the most.' Kate says causing Harry to smile.

'Thank you for distracting her whilst I picked Doria up from the airport... I really couldn't have pulled this all off without you.' He says and she shakes her head.

'You don't have to thank me. I'm always here to help whenever you need.' Kate replies.

****

Curling into Harry's side, Meghan can't help but smile as his hand rests on her hip where he gently strokes the bare skin where her shirt has risen slightly.

'I love you, Harry.' She almost whispers.

'I love you too... Try get some sleep, babe. We've got a busy day tomorrow finding out who this little one in here is.' He says softly, his thumb brushing across her stomach.

'Mmm... It's a boy, I'm telling you.' She replies.

'Nah, I think girl and I'm always right.' He says causing her to laugh.

'You're such an idiot.' She mumbles.

I'm sorry this chapter is a bit shorter but it was just the final part of Meghan's birthday and was written during a horrendous seven hour car journey with a baby! 

Slight warning - the next chapter is set a few weeks/two months after this chapter and just like real life, this story can't stay happy all the time...