seventeen

'I love you.' Meghan mumbles as she presses her lips against Harry's bare shoulder and watches him drop some kale into the blender.

'Mmm... I love you too.' He replies smiling as her arms wrap around her waist and her cheek presses against his back.

'Can you believe this time next year Deedee will probably be toddling around and we'll have another tiny human to look after as well.' She says as he reaches down and loosens her arms so he can turn around to face her. 

'I know. It's crazy to think that they're going to be so close in age. I know this wasn't what we were planning or expecting but I'm kinda glad this is how it's worked out.' Harry says resting his hands on her lower back as she smiles up at him. 

'Me too. I know this is going to be pretty rough on my body but they're going to be so close, Harry. I can't wait to watch them grow up together and watch how their little bond developes as they get older.' She admits. 

'Do you feel ready for another baby?' He asks and she takes a deep breath.

'Honestly? No but I dont know if I will ever be completely ready for another child but I am happy. I am so unbelievably happy about the thought of having another baby; another little person who is half me and half you running around.' She replies.

'My father always thought William and Kate were crazy for having George and Charlotte so close together. He's going to think we are insane.' Harry says causing her to laugh. 

'Well we kinda are.' She replies shrugging her shoulders.

'Have you heard from Kate? What time are they going to be back at?' He asks.

'A little after 6. They're having dinner and then coming home. Deedee is absolutely fine, she's been loving seeing all the animals and Charlotte has been helping push her stroller.' She replies causing him to smile.

'I spoke to gran and we can go to Balmoral anytime we want. She says she'll get the staff to prepare Craigowan Lodge for us for whenever we get there... When we go is completely up to you, babe. If you want to get out of here tomorrow then I will have us on the first flight.' He says reaching up adn running his finger across her cheek. 

'Mmm... I'd love to get out of here tomorrow.' She replies smiling.

'Then I can see if we can get flights.' He says kissing the top of her head.

****

'Hi, baby! Momma has missed you so, so much!' Meghan says grinning as she puts her arms out to Diana who is balanced on Kate's hip. Instantly the little girl towards her and she takes her into her arms causing Kate to smile.

'How was she?' Meghan asks stepping aside to let the other woman into the house.

'She was an absolute angel. William and I loved having her with us and I know the kids loved it as well. I feel like it's kind of prepared us for the future; speaking of which, did you get to tell Harry last night?' Kate asks gesturing to Meghan's stomach causing her to smile. 

'I did. We even managed to get a cancellation with Dr Thorpe-Beeston to get the pregnancy confirmed and we got an ultrasound.' Meghan replies smiling as she keeps Diana cradled against her chest and they both sit down on the sofa. 

'Really? How did it go? Is everything okay?' Kate asks and Meghan nods her head.

'Everything is perfect. I am further on than I expected though; I'm due March which is sooner than I expected. Deedee is only going to be like thirteen months old.' Meghan replies.

'March? What date in March are you due?' Kate asks.

'15th.' Meghan replies and Kate grins. 

'I'm due on the 30th. They're going to be so close in age, Meghan.' Kate says and Meghan nods her head.

'If I go two weeks over we could give birth on the same day.' Meghan says and Kate laughs.

'Imagine... The press would go absolutely crazy.' Kate replies shaking her head as she glances at Diana who's eyelids are slowly fluttering closed as she rests her head against Meghan's chest.

'I'm going to leave you to get that little one ready for bed. She didn't sleep much when we were out today, I think it was just too much excitement for her.' Kate says and Meghan runs her finger down the little girl's cheek. 

'Thank you, Kate. You and William taking her for the day meant I had some time to just think about everything and try to process it all. I really appreciate it.' Meghan admits.

'We will have her anytime, Meghan. All you have to do is knock on the door.' Kate says.

****

'They say love is a journey, I promise that I'll never leave. When it's too heavy to carry remember this moment with me. I get to love you, I get to love you.'

Glancing up at the bedroom door, Meghan can't help but smile as she sees Harry leaning against the doorframe with a small smile on his face.

'Hey...' She says softly. 

'Hi. I don't think I'll ever get over this sight.' He admits as he watches her glance back down at Diana curled up against her chest.

'I don't want to move her... I keep thinking that this time next year there is going to be another little one and she might not want to do this with me anymore. One day she's going to become independent and not need me anymore.' Meghan replies biting her bottom lip causing Harry to smile.

'Feeling a tad emotional tonight, love? One day she will become independent but she's always going to need you, Meg. You are her mum and regardless of how old she gets that's not going to change.' He says making his way over to her and bending down in front of the rocking chair she's sitting on.

'I'm pregnant... You can't laugh at me even if I'm being irrational.' She almost whispers as he reaches up to wipe a tear from her cheek.

'I'm not laughing at you, I promise. I would never laugh at you.' He says.

'You did last time I was pregnant.' She mumbles glancing away from him.

'Oh come on, I apologised for that and even you admitted that you were being a tiny bit irrational.' He says as she glares at him.

'I was eight months pregnant.' She mumbles.

'I promise this time around I won't laugh at you at all.' He says.

'I love you.' He adds. 

I love you too.' She replies.