Chapter 1

Life in this new world has had its ups and downs. You lost people, you lost a lot of people. Lori, T-Dog, Sophia, Hershel, Merle, Andrea, Beth, Tyreese. But you also came across new people, some who had become a part of the group, a part of your family. Michonne, Sasha, Tara, Eugene, Abraham, Rosita and baby Judith.

After Hershel's farm got overrun you found a prison which became your new home until the Governor attacked. Everyone got slit up after the attack, you ended up on your own and came across a place called Terminus which was not a safe haven like they claimed it to be, but in the end it brought you all together again so it was worth it. The group then came across a church meeting father Gabriel until a guy called Aaron showed up and bought you all to Alexandria.

You and Daryl grew closer as time went on, always going on runs and hunting trips together. There had been a few times when your relationship got put to the test like back at the prison when he left with his brother Merle without saying anything to you. That honestly destroyed you because on one hand you understood that Merle was blood and that Daryl thought he'd never see his older brother again, but on the other hand you were furious with him for not even saying goodbye to you. But in the end, he came back and although it caused a lot of tension between the two of you for a while, you forgave him. That night Daryl asked you to marry him, getting down on one knee with the most beautiful silver ring in his hand that he had found on a run a few mouths earlier and since that night you never looked back.

After the group arrived at Alexandria everything began to settle down, the people of Alexandria had no idea how to survive outside the gates in the real world, but after having to deal with the giant herd and having to fight off the Wolves, the Alexandrians quickly learnt how to defend themselves. You and Daryl moved into your own house, it was next door to Rick and Michonne's allowing you all to stay close, but giving you and Daryl some privacy and space away from people.

A few weeks later, Rick and Daryl found a man named Jesus, who turned out to be from a community similar to yours. After that everything happened so quickly. You visited the Hilltop. Found out Maggie was pregnant. Made a deal with Hilltops leader Gregory, to take out the Saviours who have not only taken one of their men, but take half of everything they find, whether its food, medicine, weapons you name it, the Saviours took half of it. So, between Rick, Daryl, Maggie and yourself you made a deal with him to take out the Saviours for him and in return they would share some of their resources.

Everything went according to plan, although Maggie and Carol got taken by a couple of the Saviours we got them back and took down the last of the Saviours. Daryl even got his motorcycle back that got taken from him by a couple of people he came across in the burnt-out woods back when the group was dealing with the herd of walkers.

You never thought you'd say this, but life was good. You had Alexandria and its walls allowing you all to sleep at night without one eye open in fear a walker might find you. You had the Hilltop as close allies and although you hated the Gregory dude, Jesus was a good guy and constantly travelled between the communities. Judith and Carl were finally able to hang around other kids. Maggie and Glen had a good place to raise their unborn child and you and Daryl still had each other. So yeah, life was pretty damn good.

-

"How ya feeling? I heard ya throwing up again in the middle of the night, ya should go see Denise, get her to make sure everythin' is okay." Daryl asked walking into the bedroom after realising you had finally woken up. You sighed rubbing your face with your hands as you sat up in bed. You hadn't been feeling well for the past few weeks, constantly throwing up at random hours of the morning and sleeping more than you usually would. You figured you had picked up a cold or some sort of flu from Judith who was sick about a month ago when you were babysitting her for Rick.