Prologue

"Ron, tell me the story of the beginning." A young violet-eyed bushy-haired girl asked as a maid braided her hair.

"Again little one?" the horned man sat in the window watching the dragons fly outside.

"Yes, again. It's my favorite." The 3-year-old dragon was persistent.

"Alright, fine." He offered her a glint in his eye. "The Old People had angered the gods. They sinned against nature and life itself for far too long. and the world was bathed in fire. The gods did not hold back their wrath on the earth. They've picked the Survivors and they've picked the martyrs.

The gods picked a new world to call home, Zeus the Womanizer moved to name this place after his grandmother. He also moved for nymphs to keep the Survivors in check. Odin the Tricky made a shrewd move for dwarves, to fill the mountains with life.
Dagda fought for the world unseen and the children of that world, Oberon and Titania.

"You and your wife!" She grinned at him in the mirror.

"Do you want to tell the story?" He continued after hearing a small "no" from the girl. "The gods argued about the creation of the Yce, from the North, and the dragons. They debated about magic and elves. The gods then went their ways after it was done seeing that all was well.

Helios was made to move the sun and make the first day on this world, but it was too quick, for this world was not as fast as the old world. A dwarven maiden saw this and offered to help the different sun gods and bringers of dawn. She set the pace as the dwarf of the dawn. The elf of the dusk helped the moon goddesses keep the pace with the sun gods. Thus the dragons deemed Moira and Mairo the words for dawn and dusk and the days were right.

The nymphs danced in the forests as they were meant to. They danced with the Mother. She taught them to speak with their hands and named them. As time went on they perfected nymph-speak they were so deft that soon the people would leave their children who need the nymph-speak to speak in their forests for learning from them is the best way to learn it.

Over time the Survivors grew in numbers which became too hard to keep in check. And the Survivors began to commit heinous crimes against each other and the world. The nymphs stepped in and threw the guilty to the marshes to the south of their home. Thus the Zhul was made. They divided into castes based on the awfulness of their crimes, the Zhul of the land are at the bottom, then the Zhul of life, the leaders being the Zhul of people, the kings of Zhul are rare and are the Zhul of the mind.

The dragons saw this and shook their mighty heads and took to taking some of the other races for their mates, and thus the Keriichii, Stronghold, was built, and a strong kingdom was made. The dragons made the first king a dragon born of the Survi maiden who truly loved her mate.

The First King took the name Amethyst as his title, his son took Ruby as his title, and his son took Agate, and his son took Beryl, and his daughter has yet to pick a title as she is only a child.
"That's me!" Her hair was nearly finished.

"What did I say?" Her answer made him hum in satisfaction. "The elves have a kingdom. Queen Mab is expecting a child, and King Marco works on keeping Zeus' children, the Na'Hir, far from his lands.

The Na'Hir are the result of Zeus' inability to leave the mortal or relatively mortal alone. They are only known by their elvish names. Mi'lo, Kioni, As'tus, and countless more. Luckily the mother of On'ko stopped any future Na'Hir from being born of Zeus. The Chas'Im, on the other hand, are many and born of Poseidon and are genuinely more useful in the divine order as messengers with the angels and Hermes and other divine beings of messages.

The Yce are prosperous seafarers. Their boats like such things as the Viking ships of the old world. Their warriors just as deadly.

In the shadows of the world lives a Survi who became a goddess, her name lost to time and her stories of a world long ago and far away. She'll tell of countless proverbs and parables. She will quote bards long since dead. For she is the Baba, the rememberer. She writes the stories of this world down for the future, so that we may read it and be wise in the choices. She was the one who raised my wife and I to see the world as it is and to help it when we could.

"Where is Titania at Ron? I wanna meet her." The little girl stood before him her white braids contrasting with her dark skin and freckles making him smile.

"She is hiding, Tiana. We are playing hide and seek. When I find her you can meet her and play with her as much as you want." He watched her run off to try and find his wife.

"Oberon, you can't keep making promises like that to her." The maid's mouth was a thin line.

"What am I supposed to tell her? That she must die for Titania to be found. That she'll never get to meet her. I can't do that Kaja." The fae looked at the half-elf with dread on his face.

"No, but don't promise a future you know she can't have." The motherly woman gave the man the evil eye.

"Who said that she can't?"

"The divine for one."

"My existence is outside the power of the divine."

Kaja shook her white-haired head and left her retort unsaid.

"Tiana, it's school time." Her tone had done a complete 180 for the princess.

"Yes, Mama Kaja!" The young girl came running from some corner of the large room.