Chapter two

"Uno!" Liam called out, I was losing but it didnt matter, it didnt bother me when I lost. Zayn put down a Wild Draw Four after thinking long and hard. Thank god, I didnt have to draw 4 cards, it was Liam "Uhm, the color I pick is," he tried to peek over at Liam's cards "Red." I had no red but I did have a Wild card, "Blue" I called out. Zayn put down a blue 4, and Liam threw in a skip, which happened to be me, I smirked at him and brushed back a strain of hair out of my eye, and put it behind my ear. Zayn was so into the game and didnt even look up from his hand. The game went on and I started to feel confident in winning but Liam used an old trick and won! We played atleast 5 games of Uno and I only won once I wasnt the board game type. "Ooh, you know what movie I brought?" Liam broke up the awkward silence. "Toy Story!" Zayn called out at the same time as me. I gave Liam the why-am-I-not-surprised face and he raised his thick eyebrows gesturing for me to answer whether I wanted to watch it or not. "Fine, fine!" I couldnt say no to his puppy dog eyes. "Hey boys, I got to run, Harry was recognized and I have to go help, the nurses are bringing beds for you, if you want to sleep here." I was guessing it was Paul because from what I've seen, it looked exacly like him. Liam looked at me and shrugged his shoulders, "I guess we will, Zayn?" Zayn was staring at his phone, most likely on Twitter, and shook his head yeah. "Ok, bye guys." I heard the door click shut.  

"Alright everyone, THIS is a stick up, so dont anybody move!" I heard the tv call out, it was Andy's voice but Mr. Potato head was on the screen. The room grew silent until the nurse came in to set up two cots where Liam and Zayn would sleep. We had to pause the movie while Liam got his bed made because God forbid he misses a scene from a movie I'm sure he's seen a million times. When he hit play no one even talked until the movie was over, and when that time came I was the only one awake, but Liam was talking in his sleep, babbling on about how great one of his concerts went. I wondered what he was dreaming about but never came to a conclusion, I eventually went to sleep myself. The next morning I awoke to the bright sun shining through the window. I didnt know why the blinds were open because I normally keep them closed. When I checked my phone it was quarter to 6 in the morning, i only got 3 hours of sleep but feel like Ive slept forever. The next one to wake up was Zayn, but he got up and went downstairs to have a cigarette, I dont know how he stands outside in freezing cold weather. I know almost all of his fans want him to quit, but they dont understand how hard it is, my mom smoked for 15 years and when she was quitting, it took almost 5 months before she completely stopped. When he came back upstairs, he forgot the door shut loud and it woke Liam up. "Goodmorning, mate!" Zayn said to him, Liams arm over his eyes. "Zayn, clothes those blinds, would ya?" He shook his head and did as Liam requested. "It woke me up this morning too, I only had 3 hours of sleep!" Liam sat up, smiling "And youre still perky! How?" I had to think for a minute, "Uhm, maybe because 2 of the guys from One Direction are in the same room as me?" I answered sarcastically.

Liams POV

She was always so perky, and I didnt know how. I mean in the morning you have to be somewhat sleepy. There is no girl in the world that would wake up and not fix their hair, when One Direction is going to see them when they wake up besides Nicole. When I woke up and she replied back to me I shot a look at her, half of her hair in a messy bun, and the rest going crazy, shooting from her head, but still beautiful as ever. I didnt think I would be the one to hang around a fan, I was guessing Harry or Niall. There is just something about Nicole, how she can be so... comfortable around me, she never fangirls or anything. It seems like I have known her since I was little, yet I know nothing about her. "Oh shit, there's fans crowding around the entrance to the hospital, how could they possibly find out?" Zayn said, suspiciously looking out the window, hoping to not be seen. Zayn pulled out his phone to call Paul. Good thing Paul was already on his way or we would have to wait a whole 45 minutes and I didnt want to disrupt the hospitals workers. I never wanted to leave the hospital, I wanted to stay right next to Nicole's side so I can get to know her but I knew I had to leave. We had a concert tonight, an interview tomorrow, then another concert, after that I am free for 4 weeks! I am hoping that she is home in the next 3 days and a little recovered. Like I said, I barely knew her but my heart was pounding when I looked into her eyes, and something was telling me to ask her on a date... alone! I cant bring myself to it, shes probably overwhelmed as it is, but I have to do it. I heard the door to A16 shut, and Zayn was no longer in the room. Fate was really pushing it. "So, Nicole, I have a concert tonight, an interview tomorrow, then another concert on Thurs-" she cut me off "Yeah, I am supposed to go to the concert on Thursday with my friend. We arent in front row, were kinda far back I think." I stared at the floor for a moment trying the gather my thoughts. "No, now you have Backstage and front row passes." I said, "and Nicole, when your aloud to leave the hospital, I want to take you out to dinner, just you and me." Normally, a girl would be screaming so loud right now, but not Nicole, and I loved that about her. "Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" she paused, "And of course!" I was so relieved. "I think I have to go now, cya love!" and I walked out of the room, dreding every step I took.

Nicoles POV

My body was numb I couldnt tell if it was from the pain killers or what just happened. I was just asked on a date by Liam Payne. I had to fangirl but wanted to make sure he wasnt coming back so I got up out of bed for the first time in 2 days and walked to the window, he was taking pictures with a fan. As he walked slowly to the van, stopping to take pictures I couldnt help but check him out. The guys Ive checked out before didnt even qualify in Liams catagory. He was so cute, and his personallity made me like him even more. My heart nearly burst everytime we make eye contact, I just dont know how to tell him. The nurse walked in when I was texting Jasmine to tell her the news and told me I was able to leave tomorrow morning, my concussion was fine now, and my ribs were able to function right, a little. I finished texting Jaz, and wanted to tell Liam the news. To Liam Payne: I can leave tomorrow moring, yay! I pushed send. I didnt know what he would reply. Im dreaming and I know it, when will I wake up? I hoped never because this dream was the best one Ive ever had. From Liam Payne: "YAY! Now I can come over or you can come over after the interview tomorrow?!" My thumbs did a little dance before I typed back To Liam Payne: "you got it (;" The day drug on and on, nothing exciting besides watching christmas movies which bored me even more. I never really got a lot on christmas from my mom, I get my big gift, then little ones. Probably 5 all together. At my dads, he likes to buy a lot because he thinks the only way his kids will love him is for the money. Money doesnt buy you happiness though, he never seemed to understand that quote. We had 10 days til Christmas so I cleared it from my mind.

*The next day* "Okay, here's all the paperwork you will need, have a good day!" Dr. Morris handed me stacks of paper and I suddenly felt like I was in school again. I HATED school now and wished I never had to go back. I slipped the papers into my little hospital bag I recieved with my things in it. I stood outside, slowly turning into ice. It had to be below 0 degrees. My mom wasnt here yet, she couldve got called into work but I prayed not. I began to worry about her until a car came to a hault right in front of my feet. "Get in loser, were going shopping!" Liam said mocking the movie Mean Girls. I opened the car door and he drove off kinda fast. I texted my mom to let her know and thank god Liam got there because my mom did get called into work. I cranked the heat and damn did it feel good! "Where are we going? Im still in hospital clothes!" He looked me up and down "Oh didnt even realize, wheres your house?" I wasnt to good at directions so each road we came upon we would slam on the brakes. It was so fun being with him and I felt like I was safe no matter how many cars almost rear ended us! When we got to my house, I quickly ran inside and washed my face. I took out the nicest outfit I had - jeans, a white, ruffle tank top, and a blue sweater. I pulled out the old eye liner that hasnt been used in months and put some on, along with mascara. I slipped on my black uggs, they were so warm. Finally, I was seated in the car as my nerves rushed because I had no idea where Liam was taking me! Liam's jaw dropped for 10 seconds before looking at me telling me I was beautiful. Tingles were sent through my spine. No one besides my mom has ever called me beautiful before. My hair was a mess, a little straightened but still wavy. I could admit I looked pretty. I never dressed like this. I only own this outfit because it was my favorite outfit from when I went to Myrtle Beach for the summer and I met a guy that I thought I needed to impress but turned out, he had a fiance. He looked 18 but was really 21. I could feel my cheeks get warm as I thought about my horrible mistake. The heat blew right on me and I was in paradise. We were going so fast down the highway, the trees looked like they were spinning. There was no conversation until we turned onto exit 4. "Liam, where are you taking me?" He smiled and said "You'll see!" It looked like Hollywood but it deffinitly wasnt. I had no idea where we were, but as I got out of the car I heard chanting! "ONE DIRECTION! ONE DIRECTION! ONE DIRECTION!..."