Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Sky’s POV

“Come along now, Sky.” Hera says, “We have a council meeting, today.”

“What is that?” I ask as I steadily walk down the stairs and trying not to trip with on my heels.

“It’s a large place where all the gods and most trust worthy angels have a meeting.”

“Why do angels have to be there?”

She clears her throat. “Might as well tell you about it.”

“Okay?”

“You see, the afterlife is where a few people come to stay; and when I mean a few, I mean thousands. So, people who were born as an angel- good and badly influenced- come to live here and serve a God for a few centuries. Kind of like the medieval times when there were kings and queens along with territories. The whole place is divided into 13 sections and the head sections would be where the two peacemakers are placed.” She continues.

“What’s a peacemaker?” I ask.

“The person who is in charge of keeping things in order and storing peace between fights.”

“So, is Peyton a peace maker, since she’s the goddess of Order?”

“Yes, she is supposed to be one. Also, she is the one responsible for keeping the dangerous god of chaos in control of his rage, since he is the most powerful male god. But to do that, she must need you. That is why I need to train you to be a peacemaker. Nathaniel’s power has also been considered to make peace as well.”

“How?”

“Light can blind everybody and make them stop what they are doing, that’s how.” She says simply.

Sounded reasonable. “So, some of the gods despise each other?”

“Yes, because some of them do not have a nice past. Sometimes, I can actually feel the harsh tension between Storm and Shadow, so stay clear from them when they meet.”

Storm and Shadow, huh? Sounds interesting. “So, when do these Angels come and live in my ‘territory’?”

“Right now, actually.” The doors opened to reveal a whole town of angels flying around with their angelic wings and going in and out of normal houses. They all see us and bowed respectively. Now this, I wasn’t going to get used of.

“When the hell did this happen?!” I ask.

She laughed softly. “Ever since that new couple has merged a month ago.” She probably meant Monica and Blaze. I’ve never seen Monica so committed to a relationship before. It kind of weirded me out. Blaze didn’t seem like that type of person to have one relationship either.

It’s been a month now ever since Monica said that she was in love for real. Everybody has been getting along pretty well. Well, at least to the people I talk to often.

Shadow has been distant ever since and it hurt me. I keep wondering if it was something that I’ve done. I’ve even talked to him about it and he said that I shouldn’t worry and that we’ll make it up later.

I sighed as we went through the portal.

“You can talk to the angels later.” Hera says. I’m not really a good talker in large crowds. “But I must tell you something about the other gods. They will have a whole place full of angels and some of the gods will be trained to have a cold heart. The people you may know for now won’t be the same in the future.”

I thought about what she had just said. The gods right now will be just like the gods back then? Then, a random question popped into my head. “Can gods make babies?”