Move On

Carrie shivered as she walked toward the school building. It was a beautiful winter day seven months after the breakup happened. She had finally gotten a hold of herself. She had been single since then. It still hurt to see Corey and it hurt even more to see him walk the halls with Laney's hand in his. She saw something in the way he looked at her, something she had never seen when he looked at her. But it did seem familiar.

"There you are!" Larry stood outside of the school waiting for her as he had since that day he had came over to tell her that everything would be alright. Her heart now skipped beats everytime she saw her best friend.

"Hey," She said back when she got over to him, "Ready?" He nodded as he held out his arm. She took it like she always did. They walked into the school building. 

"So Care," Larry suddenly seemed nervous as they walked over to the new Newman meeting place, "I have a question," She looked at him.

"What is it?" He nervously looked at her.

"W-Will you...." He stopped and took a deep breath. By now the two were standing in the middle of the hall, "Go out with me?" Her heart went faster.

"Y-You want me to be your girlfriend?" She knew since that day four months ago that he liked her. She never expected him to act on it. He blushed.

"Y-Yeah," He answered. Carrie smiled and took her arm back. She hugged him.

"Yes!" She said. He hugged her back. Soon the two started to walk again, hand in hand.

Carrie was glad to finally move on. She was glad everything was over with Corey.