♫ .....I've Been Mislead ♫

Carrie's heart raced as Corey walked over to her. He was as pretty as the last time she saw him.

"Hey," He spoke. She smiled at her boyfriend.

"Hi," She responded. Corey looked at her and then sighed.

"Carrie. This isn't working," Her heart raced again, but in a different way.

how'd the pretty men get so ugly?

How'd he get all these spaces between each limb?

"What?" She asked. Carrie's mind was going in several different directions.

"I've never loved you," He responded to her with a shrug, "Us dating isn't working," Corey continued, "We need to break up,"

And someday I might come down,

oh, I don't wanna come down.

"W-What?" She stuttered. He slightly smiled at her.

"Bye Carrie," Corey walked away and joined up with Laney. He laughed with her as they walked down the hall. Carrie felt numb. She couldn't believe this. Tears started to flow down her face before she could stop them.

We're caught up in a stare and we can't break.

I think we were made too pretty.

Yeah, so much we don't see it yet.

We don't see it.

"Carrie?" She turned to see Larry looking at her. She wiped her tears away. He frowned, "What's wrong?" She hugged her friend and started to cry into his shoulder. Larry patted her on the back in an attempt to make her feel better.

"H-He broke up with me," Carrie admited. 

"I'm going to punch him," Larry growled. Carrie let him go and he let her go.

"L-Larry. That doesn't need to happen," He didn't seem happy.

"It does need to be,"  Carrie wiped her tears off her face again.

"Walk me to class?" She asked. He nodded.

"Sure Care," He held out his arm and she took it.

We know nothing changes too slowly.