Intro

( CHARACTER BACKGROUND )

Following the disappearance of her best friend and the death of her uncle three years later, Heather Elizabeth Milano left Missouri for good

Following the disappearance of her best friend and the death of her uncle three years later, Heather Elizabeth Milano left Missouri for good. Cursing her own fear and stubbornness, she spent four years on the run, getting into all sorts of trouble and eventually stumbling into something she shouldn't have: A trade negotiation between a farmer and a blue woman. Somehow the blue woman new her and before Milano knew it she aboard a ship departing for a planet three systems away.

It was on that ship where Milano found the mother figure she didn't know she craved and the blue woman, Yalenchka Udonta, found the perfect person to dote upon. Milano was taught how to defend herself and how to fight and before Yalenchka's following knew it they had a valuble asset to bring on various missions.

For Milano's 25th birthday she was generously gifted a small ship so she could have her own adventures and choose her own missions. However, Milano quickly realised that independence wasn't all that it cracked up to be. Being in solitude for the first time since she was 14 was a shock and she fell into a vicious cycle of: completing a mission; deciding she could have a break now that she has some cash; doubting that she could complete another mission as well; drinking to smother the feeling of inadequacy; hating herself for a week after for being so weak; desperately searching for another mission; completing the mission; deciding . . .

She was too scared of disappointing Yalenchka that she kept it all in and played the cliché of the cool, mysterious person when she was around anyone and everyone. She met a floral colossus in a bar on Knowhere and they quickly bonded as she could understand what he was saying and because she was so happy that she found someone else felt as lonely as her, someone who seemed to understand how she felt completely. They teamed up on a couple of Milano's jobs and eventually she invited him to live with her, she finally had someone she could drop her shields around.

NOTE :
There are certain things from the Guardians of the Galaxy "universe" I changed. Like, there's another Udonta who's in charge of another ravager ship and the fact some people trade with Terrans (only a rare few, not many know about people from space). I also played around with floral colossi as I thought it would be fun because the movies don't really talk much about them (I haven't had the chance to read the comics yet either). Any other changes I'll mention at the top of chapters.

WARNINGS :
Only swearing I think (I hope)