•Forgiveness•

Chapter 15

"Anthony," his smiling face makes my heart thump. I watch him sit on a white floor, waiting for me?

"Fabian..." fear consumes my body and soul. I take a step back and he stands.

"Anthony... goddess you're as beautiful as the moment I laid my eyes on you." He begins walking towards me and again my body tries moving away but I'm frozen.

"Don't run away. Stop running. I'm already dead, what's done is done." Once he's close enough to me he reaches out and touches my temple. His skin is warm and even though the sparks aren't there, I feel our connection. What we would have had if I hadn't...

"I'm so sorry!" Sadness and... despair race to the surface and I break down. "I'm sorry Fabian. I had a choice. I did! I just, I don't know why I didn't stop! I don't know why I was so scared. I couldn't stop when I was pulling that trigger... I couldn't-"

"Shh... it's okay Anthony. I forgive you. I was in a bad place, I was a bad person, there was a reason why I was your target. My death was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. But I forgive you, now it's time you forgive yourself."

"I can't! I can't. I can't-" Fabian brings me into his arms and I sob into his warm skin.

"You can, and you should. You will... Cedric will help you."

I start shaking my head, "definitely not Cedric. I can't be with Cedric-"

"Why not?"

"Because... he- he doesn't..."

"Doesn't...?"

"I don't deserve him."

"Oh Anthony."

"I don't! He's made his mistakes but he's a good man. I can't be his mate. Being mates is my punishment. She's punishing me because I killed you-"

"No. No Anthony. The moon goddess does not punish. She loves her children. She didn't pair you and Cedric up as a punishment, it's the complete opposite, she did it because you two complete each other."

"No. Jude and Cedric are supposed to complete each other. We-we were supposed to complete each other. But I ruined that. I ruined all of that."

"You didn't. If you hadn't done what you did, Cedric wouldn't have a mate."

"But I would have you. You'd be alive!"

He shakes his head, "if you hadn't killed me, I would still get murdered later on. You would have suffered from my death and you would have died along with me."

"How do you know that?"

"The moon goddess is all knowing. She explained it to me when I passed. So you see Anthony? This was meant to be. Forgive yourself and be happy with your mate."

"I can't forgive myself. Hell my wolf will never forgive me. I probably killed him when I killed you. Did I?"

"No Anthony. You didn't." Fabian touches my jaw and lifts my head up.

"I am so happy I get to touch you, talk to you. This will be the first and last time I do so."

"What, why?"

"The moon goddess broke the rules so I can meet with you. I am not allowed here."

"Why? Where is here?"

"A place between heaven and hell. I was a bad person Anthony. I'm living the rest of eternity in hell."

My eyes begin to water as I cry for him. "I'm so sorry-"