•Eyes•

Chapter 12

"Have you talked to Jude recently? He says he's been trying to reach you but you haven't been answering. Hell everyone's been trying to reach you. Did you lose your phone or something?"

"Oh right... last time I had my phones was when I got ambushed by the council. They must have taken them or destroyed them."

"Phones? Oh let me guess. One for work and one for the pack."

"Exactly." He gives me a sideways glance before looking back towards the road.

"You miss it huh? I can see it. The way your hands twitch. How you pick at your finger nails." I look down at my hands.

"It's like an itch I can't scratch. Like a drug. At moments I have the urge to kill. It's just growing stronger and stronger. There was a rogue attack earlier this week. I was going to kill him Logan. Wanted to rip into him. But I didn't. Cedric needed him for questioning."

"You stopped for Cedric? When we went on team missions you would never stop, even when we'd yell at you to."

I haven't even thought of that. And it's completely true.

"Look Anthony. I don't like Cedric for what he did. But he's your mate now. So..."

"So...?"

"I approve Ant."

I laugh at the ridiculous nickname. "You might approve but... Logan I don't want this."

"Why not?"

Why can't I tell my fucking twin that I killed my first mate? Why is it so hard to tell him everything? We're supposed to be close, inseparable. But that was gone the moment I killed my first mate. I distanced myself and he knows it. He noticed as soon as it happened. One night when he came home drunk he asked me, asked me 'why? Why'd you leave me behind?

"Anthony."

"No reason. Are we almost there?"

"Uh yeah."

The rest of the car ride was ridiculously quiet. But when we got to Jude's new place, he was already waiting outside for us. He's looking great as always, radiant, blinding. And his hair has grown out a bit.

"Anthony! Logan!" Before we even get a chance to close the car doors, Jude is already running into my arms.

"Hey Jude."

"How are you guys? Well first let's go inside I want you to meet Arik." We follow him into his lavish mansion. I could already smell the stench of dead people as soon as I got out of the car. And stepping foot into their Vampire Coven, I'm already reaching for my knife. It's an instinct, my guard is up.

"Mostly everyone is out right now so let's go in the living room!" The house is pretty open, there's windows everywhere, light shines inside. If someone that didn't know what this place really was, came here, they wouldn't have thought it was a Vampire Coven.

"Arik my cousins are here!" Jude jumps into the arms of his lover. His lover is a tall man with wavy dark blonde hair. He's decked in all black, from a V-neck shirt down to baggy black sweats.

"Welcome! Make yourselves at home. I've already met Anthony but you I have not." Arik brings his hand out for Logan to shake.

"Name's Logan."

"Nice to see you again Arik." I shake his hand after Logan does. We all gather on the large couch. A girl comes into the room holding a tray of snacks when Jude and Logan start catching up. I eat all the snacks, not really knowing what to talk about.