chapter one; introduce to jayde

The dark blue flannel presses flush against my chest as my mother pushes me. "Fuck, mum, I'm sorry." I gasp as she continues to scream and yelp, pushing me throughout our home. Our apartment. My eyebrows furrow as rage swells steadily through my chest. We reach the door, and she swings it open. My mouth opens slightly in bewilderment. I almost trip as she gives one last hard, steady push. I'm out side now, standing in the hall. Neighbors poke their heads out to check on the wild fuss my mother is throwing.

"And never, ever come back." She finally finishes, her voice stenching thick of alcohol and cigarettes. Her once pearly whites are now yellow, and weak as she grits them at me. Her robe is loose around her slim, fatigue ridden waist before she slams the door in my face. I wave at the neighbors, hoping I stand a chance at discarding their concern. My body stumbles down the steps of the shitty, broken down complex, and my mind is still broken from the current drugs I'm on. Acid? Weed? Or was it something totally off the charts I'd taken? Hell, I can't remember.

"Fantastic," I seethe as I reach the bottom of the complex. My hands press at the door, and my eyes flutter in shock at the cold weather. My hands fumble for my phone. It was small, ridiculous and old, but it was all I could afford. My frozen fingers press at the numbers, given I know his digits by heart. My best friend.

"Zayn?" I press into the phone, walking along the cracked, nearly run down sidewalk. He's tired, so tired. I hadn't realized how late it was. I hear him yawn, and then I hear him sigh as he does only what I can imagine. Run his hands slowly across his face in attempts of waking up. I know this boy like the back of my hand.

"Jayde?" He inquires, and his voice is mercililessly thick with sleep, and fuck is it hot. "What's wrong?" It's amazing how he can tell when I'm either fucked up or upset by the hour I call, or how shaky my voice is.

I break at his question, though. Relization finally busting my vessels and drugs leaving my system in a hurry. My mother just kicked me out. "I'm fucking homeless." I sob into the phone, kicking the broken cement with my busted converses. I was a piece of shit. I was poor, I was definitely on drugs, and I wasn't the most innocent person you've ever met. My teary eyes flutter to the street light as I await his answer.

"Dammit, Jayde. Where are you?" I hear him bustling around, grabbing his pants and shirts and all of the things he'll need for his drive over. See, me and Zayn were nothing alike. We were best friends with no question, be we really were quite the pair. He was rich. Calvin Kleins, Hollister, musky colognes, and a range rover for his first vehicle. You could definitely tell by his home, too. I can't help but smile through my running tears, sniffling gently. He really was a true friend. He always would be.

"Outside my complex..." I breathe out. I know he hates coming into my town. Everything was disgusting, used, and trashy. All the buildings had graffitti spoiled acrossed them, there was paper from listings everywhere, tons of hobos, and no matter where you went you could smell drugs and a faint stench of sex. I find my way back to the steps of the building, and sit on them. I had no clue what I was going to do.

"Fine, fine. Uh... I'll be there in fifteen. Stay put. I love you." I smiled. Again. Zayn was the sweetest person I knew. I didn't understand why he was friends with such a junkie. I literally had nothing. I had no colleges lined up for my distant future, and I survived off of Ramen. I scratch at my wrist as I remember he's still on the line.

"You're so amazing. I love you." I finish, and hang up the phone. I tried to act proper in front of Zayn, I really did. He always told me to stop, but I felt like total shit. He was this amazing, popular, rich boy. And here I was, hanging out with the stoners for all of my highschool years. Zayn had come into my life my sophmore year, and quite literally by the chance of fate. We'd been asigned as lab partners, and as soon as we started speaking we clicked. He was funny, and smart. He was a shoulder to  cry on. And what was I?

I rest my head against the railing beside the steps, and close my eyes. I'm still slightly high and entirely exauhsted. It was too late for all of this to be happening. Couldn't she have kicked me out in the morning? Something light, yet hard and soft, hits my head. "What the hell," I mutter, looking up. My mother stands at my--old-- bedroom window, shaking my drawer out. I didn't have very many clothes, but what I had I worked hard for. "Mum!" I yelp, picking up the clothes scattering rapidly around me.

"Teach you to disrespect me in my home!" She slurs, continuing to dump out each  and every one of my belongings. I continue to pick everything up, and quite frankly I'm livid. My mothers stringy brown hair is everywhere as she continues to slur.

Minutes continue to pass, and she continues to throw my clothes from the window. I'm thankful as hell when Zayn's Range Rover pulls out, and of course he's quick to help me. "She crazy," He whispers harshly to me as he helps me gather all of my belongings. I'm crying by now, my feelings and mind completely confused, hurt, and livid. She suddenly shuts the window, and I think she's thrown out ever shirt, dress, pant, and skirt she could find. We stuff all of it into Zayn's car, before he helps me up into it.

"Jayde.." He starts out, twisting the keys in his ignition.

"Don't, please." I interrupt, pouting gently towards him. He nods, quickly jerking out. And I don't blame him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys. so i'm so, sO excited for this story. spoiler; harry is not going to be a druggie. he's going to be very innocent, actually. i love you guys so much onmgg please vote and comment and all that good shit