Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My eyes widened in shock as I was alarmed by the alarm on my phone. I groaned and pressed the snooze button. My eyes wanted to go back to sleep so badly but I knew I shouldn't. I shifted to my left so I could hug on to him but instead I felt the side of the bed. I was confused and instantly sat up. Then I realized I'm in my own single bed, in my own room and all by myself. 'Great' I thought to myself sarcastic. Just waking up beside him is most likely my favourite thing in the morning. Feeling secured in your man's arms, feeling loved in the morning and worthy. I shrugged off the disappointment and then made my way downstairs in the kitchen to be surprised with a plate of breakfast.

"Good morning!" my mother said to me pouring a glass of orange juice.

"Urm... morning? What's all of this?" I asked her.

"I'm giving you a nice balanced healthy breakfast before you're law exam this afternoon" she said with the biggest smile on her face. My mother studied law and is now a part time solicitor while my father is a well-known lawyer that just won a big case yesterday. They made it very clear to be to follow in the path of studying law and becoming better than them at their age. Don't get me wrong I like law and I can see myself being a lawyer or a barrister in the future. Becoming a barrister is actually my dream and I've been working hard from the age of 11 to pursue that dream. I'm a straight A student and have never failed an English or Law exam in my life. My parents pushed me and pushed me from a young age and I wouldn't have even accomplished half of the success I already have if they didn't push me. That's a good thing I guess. But they have high expectations from me since I am their only child and it looks like it's going to stay that way. I'm only 18 years old, I've hardly had time to relax when I'm at home. The only time when I feel free is when I'm at Rhys's house or when it's just me and him. 

"Thanks mum. I appreciate it" I said sitting down on the chair and started eating chunks of my delicious breakfast. 

"You ready?" she asked. 

"Yup!" I replied. 

"You know how proud you make me and your father?" she asked me looking me in the eye. 

"Mum stop" I said avoiding this tense moment. 

"Why? I watch the news every other day to hear a teenager has been murdered by gun and knife crime. I see almost every other day teenagers your age walking on the street looking like they have no home, no ambition and no manners. I thank god that you listened to me and your father about maintaining the family reputation by going into Law. I know you're going to make a great Lawyer or Barrister. You make us so proud Caprice". 

I sighed inside. It seemed like she wanted me guilty if I ever think about changing my mind. My mum is really good at doing stuff like that. I hate it. It's never in my intentions to disobey my parents but when it comes to my freedom I can do what I please. I just never had the guts to do it. 

"Thanks mum" I replied and carried on eating my breakfast. I didn't want to stretch this conversation because I knew what it will lead to. 

"So, you still seeing that boy?" she asked in disgust. 

"Why wouldn't I be?" I snapped back. 

"I just don't think he's your type..." 

"Why? Is it because he's not studying law? Or is it because he's not an upcoming entrepreneur?" I butted in quite defensively. 

"To be totally honest with you that is true. But he's cannot financially support you or he can influence you into doing things you wouldn't normally do. He's a waste of your time, I'm your mother I know what I'm talking about" she said ignorantly.