Chapter 10: A Thousand Years

*Zayn’s POV*

I ran to Blaire who lied lifeless on the cold cement of the street, blood was coming out of her head, and then she had cuts on her legs and arms. “Blaire, don’t close your eyes! Look at me! Don’t sleep! Hold on for me, please?” I begged her, she was on my arms and we were in the middle of the road, people were starting to gather around us. I pulled out my phone and I called Louis.

“Vas Happenin’?” Louis said then I heard everyone laugh.

“LOUIS! This is serious. I NEED HELP!” I shouted at the phone.

“Hold on, let me put you on speaker.” He said “Ok, tell us what happened!”

“BLAIRE GOT HIT BY A CAR!! Liam, please call an ambulance immediately and everyone please come here. We’re in the middle of the street just outside the carnival lobby. I’m starting to lose Blaire here!!” I cried.

“Ok, mate. Calm down, I just called the ambulance, they’ll be here in 5 minutes and we’re on our way there.” I heard Liam say on the other line.

I returned my phone to my pocket and then I looked at Blaire. Why does it have to be her? Why can’t it be me? “Blaire, please do not sleep. Don’t close your eyes.” I begged again.

“Zayn... I don’t think.. I can.. hold on.. any longer..” She said, struggling to speak. Her breathing was now starting to be slower and shallower.

“Shh. Don’t talk, you’ll lose a lot of energy and you need to save as much energy as you can. The ambulance is on their way. You’ll be safe, I promise you.” I cried and just in time, the ambulance arrived at the same time Liam, Louis, Harry, Niall, Kate, Jio, Eleanor and Lucy arrived.

The paramedics put her in a stretcher and they carried her inside the ambulance. “Only one person can go with her in the ambulance, who would it be?” One of the paramedics asked.

“I’ll go with her.” I said “Guys, I’ll see you at the hospital, alright??”

-x-x-x-

At The Hospital

It’s been 3 hours since Blaire was brought here at the hospital and the doctor and nurses were still inside of the operating room, not even one nurse came out. I’m starting to get worried. I can’t lose Blaire; I don’t want to lose her.

“Hey, mate. Everything will be fine. Blaire’s a strong girl, she’ll survive this.” Liam said as he patted my back.

“It’s been 3 hours! What’s taking them so long?!” I asked and a doctor came out of the operating room to be followed by the nurses who were pushing Blaire who was lying on a hospital bed. “What happened to Blaire? Is she alright?”

“She’s fine. She broke her right hip because that’s where the car hit her the most and she also has some broken ribs but we were able to fix that already but...” The doctor said.

“Oh no. ‘buts’ can’t be good. But what?” Louis asked for me because I was so shocked nothing came out of my mouth.