23. Nobody Special

Chapter 23: Nobody Special

Mindara Manaying

Have you ever felt like you wanted to scream but nothing could be let out for real? You are mad, you are upset over every single thing but you know nobody would care about it? The last time I ever felt this way was on the day of my wedding with Kimhan yet today, the same thing occurred again. How would you emphasise the feeling of me being an 'outsider' being treated like an outsider? Ever since we returned to the house again, no one really bother with my existence. Kimhan and Yam did not talk much. Having a little to no idea at all of what has happening, the tense that filled in the air really suffocating me. I wanted to ask but I knew no one would wish to entertain me. This thing has gone from sweet reunion to a nightmare. Maybe Yam's return was what it is called a nightmare dressed up like a daydream.

"Hey..." That familiar voice greeted me and that broke my reverie. I glanced over my shoulder and caught Kimhan was staring. "Are you alright?" She asked, sounded like she was concerned.

"Yeah..." I broke our eye contact. I heard her footsteps getting closer and before I knew it, she already occupied the space next to me on the long couch. I was not used to this closeness though but I guessed I was just too tired to get irritated over the matter.

"You still want to go back to the school?" Kimhan suddenly asked, reminding me that I almost forgot the main agenda for today.

I did not reply her immediately. Honestly, I just did not know what to decide. I wished I never have to return there but what are the choices left for me?

"Could you please stay a little longer?" My attention was all drawn to Kimhan again. I scrutinised the look she gave me. Her eyes, her facial expression and all of herself were a mess. I could see and sense that. Why? Why would I feel everything she showed me? Why would I care?

"I have to go back, Kimhan. Maybe you could drive me back tomorrow." I decided to play along.

"Just stay until your leave is over. I'll drive you back. I promise." She requested.

"Why? I thought you had enough problems." The question I threw at her left her speechless momentarily.

"Pie..." She exhaled heavily while she brought a hand to her head. She has the habit of stroking her hair from the front to the back whenever she faced a difficulty. I learned that by doing so, she was stressing out.

"I don't want to burden you more, Kimhan but don't you think that I deserve some sort of explanation on what is happening here? Right now?" I blurted out just to invite another stressful grunt from Kimhan.

"It's none of your business, Pie." She said in a low voice yet I could hear it crystal clear.

"What did you say?" I rose to my feet in anger.

"I said it's none of your business." She repeated herself.

"Oh really? Then why you need me to stay? What for Kimhan? To witness everything but know nothing? To pity you and comfort you when things went wrong with Yam? What are you trying to do here Kimhan? What did you say the other day? What about being your partner and the responsibility to acknowledge me everything that happens?" I ranted with an energy which I had no idea where it came from.

"Shh...quiet down, Pie. Yam's sleeping." Kimhan fussed and grabbed me by the hand. With a gentle and slow motion, she pulled me down so that I was seated next to her again.