With Those Diamond Eyes

After that night, Alpha Kiba's temper with me was short, and Misaki continued to speak to me even though I'd nearly killed her. However, she kept her hands to herself and knew when to back off. But there were still times that she drove that red into my vision, and Iwaizumi had to grab me before I lept at her and ripped her throat out. Apparently, that girl had some sort of fetish for dangerous-looking or beast-like people, which was why she wouldn't leave me alone.

  Alpha Washitsume, for some reason, was the complete opposite of Alpha Kiba and seemed to take a shine to me. He was always giving me a smile whenever I glanced at him, and he even asked me a few questions about myself that I had to answer or I'd be rude to an Alpha. And being rude to that Alpha would be the stupidest thing I could ever do, being only equivalent to jumping off a high bridge.

  "Why do I have to babysit you?" Iwaizumi muttered as I was crouched in the garden and drawing in the dirt with my finger.

  "You don't. Just let me kill her."

  "Alpha Tsuki." He said sharply, causing my brows to lower as I glared at the ground. "Our packs are merging. If you do any more to harm Alpha Misaki or one of the other Alphas, you may cause a war to arise after we've had all these years of peace."

  "Well, it's not like I'm going to be forced to marry her or what's-his-pompous-face."

  "I don't doubt that after these few days." He sighed. "You've made it quite clear that you'd be a bad option for the Alphas to choose. Sakura or Misaki will probably marry Kaneki or Yuki."

  "Three down, four to go." I grumbled. "Can I go home yet?" Wondering out loud, I saw a bumblebee buzzing in the flowers and Kyoutani's face popped up in my head. Sighing with irritation, I put my cheek in one of my hands.

  "We only have a few days left, you can handle it....I hope." Iwaizumi chuckled as he sat on the edge of the porch behind me.

  "Don't mock me." I quietly growled.

  "It's not my fault you're pouting in the garden, so don't get short with me. You're in the clear of the marriage, so why don't you stay holed up in your room until this is all over?"

  "I'm not pouting!" I snapped while looking over my shoulder.

  "Your mood says otherwise." He stated. "And," He leaned forward while resting his elbows on his knees. "I think I know why you've been more temperamental than usual."

  "I'm not." I growled and narrowed my eyes. Iwaizumi ignored me while looking right at me.

  "Before we came here for Spring Break, I heard a rumor about you from my team." My glare hardened as he continued. "I took it as nothing more than a rumor at the time, but you being so moody made it seem possible. Did you claim an Omega?" Iwaizumi asked.

  "No." I sharply replied. "Those are nothing but rumors started by some weaklings."

  "And why would they start them?" He pressed while looking slightly skeptical. Turning back around to watch the bee, I crossed my arms.

  "I saved an Omega from them."

  "Why?" There was a slight hint of surprise in his voice.

  "....I don't know. I was in a bad mood, and they were the perfect excuse to vent." I lied. If Iwaizumi knew I wasn't telling the truth, he didn't let on to it.

  "You know, it wouldn't be a problem if you had claimed an Omega, but that would have created some difficulties if you were here without them." He stated, knowing that an Omega claimed by an Alpha was essentially their property, and an Alpha's instinct was to always protect the Omega. This simple fact would be a completely reasonable excuse as to why I was so on edge- only, I hadn't claimed anyone.

  "Well, I didn't." I grumbled. "And I'm just as crabby as I usually am."

  "We both know that's a lie."

  "Whatever helps you sleep at night." I popped off.

  "Then, 'O' Wise Alpha Tsuki, tell me why you're crouched in the garden and watching a bee." Iwaizumi questioned. Clenching my jaw, I shrugged.

  "Bored."

  "....Are you, perhaps, missing someone?"

  "No." I said a little too quickly, and I knew he knew I was lying through my teeth. My personality may be violent and stand-offish, but since I had arrived here, I couldn't help but think about getting back and just being in the presence of that damn Omega the entire time. I didn't quite know what was going on myself, but I had an inkling that I may just really be attracted to Kyoutani. Though, I was beginning to think my wolf half was having different ideas about the whole matter. I mean, within seconds of meeting him, I had already felt so possessive....

  "No? Not at all?" Looking over my shoulder, I saw him sitting there with a raised brow.

  "My parents." Replying, I gave him that answer so that he'd get off my back. He rolled his eyes in disbelief but took the answer all the same.

~

  The last few days passed in a sort of blur of irritation and grumbling, and I even managed to go the entire time without wearing a kimono. However, as if giving a parting gift I never wanted, Misaki winked at me and said that she'd find me at school as I was leaving. Biting my tongue, I just got into the car and didn't look back to avoid seeing that annoying girl again.

  At home, my parents were rather happy to see me but didn't talk to me for more than an hour to let me rest after the long trip back. Just dropping my things to the floor, I sighed with relief as I fell into my bad face first.

  "The world fucking hates me...." I grumbled before letting myself drift off to sleep.