Chapter 30 (Edited)

A/N: Last chapter. Yasssss.

____________________________________________________________________________

"Are you sure that you need to go alone?" Luke asked, pulling me towards him. He winced when I winced. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

I leaned back in his touch and sighed, closing my eyes for the briefest moment. I was almost fully dressed except for the boots that I had been trying to put on my feet. "I am," I confirmed. "I have to."

"What are you going to do?" Luke asked. He let go of me and knelt in front of me to finish putting on my boots.

"Get my sister," I replied. "It's time."

"How exactly?" he asked. "Dallas shot and killed her."

"But there was nobody to bury, was there?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Luke paused and looked at me with a weird expression on his face. "How did you know that?" he asked.

I shrugged. "What I am doing is giving something up to gain something," I said. "It isn't safe for you to know which is why I am not saying anything."

Luke frowned but nodded his head. "But, you won't be hurting yourself. Will you? I just got you back." Lost filled his eyes, causing my heart to beat in guilt.

I offered him a small smile and placed my hand on his cheek. Warmth filled me as he placed his hand on mine. "You won't," I promised as he kissed the bottom of my wrist. "I am sorry that I had caused you to worry."

He nodded his head and squeezed my hand. "It's fine," he said. "Just next time, can you tell me?"

I hesitated but nodded. "However, there will not be a next time," I promised. "I had done what I needed to do."

He nodded his head and pulled me to a standing position. "Then, I will see you when you get back?"

I nodded. "I will see you when I get back." I started to make way to the door when Luke called out to me. I paused and looked back at his smiling face, my heart pounding.

"I love you," he said.

I smiled. "I love you, too." And after that, I walked out of the bedroom and made my way to the forest.

***

The Faes were out in force when I made my way into the forest. Power filled the air as they said an enchantment that would help me complete my task.

'To honest, I am going to miss you,' Hunter said. 'Are you sure that you want to do this?'

'Don't tell me that you are having second thoughts,' I teased, causing her to scoff. 'But yes, I do not need all of this power, and you said that you wanted to be in peace.'

She paused. 'I do,' she replied.

'But?'

'But, I kind of want to see what happens between you and Luke.'

I looked at Sil and nodded my head when she nodded. 'Well, it is time. Are you wanting to or leave?' There was a bit of nervousness in my voice because if she said that she did, then I had no idea how I was going to get my sister back.

'Do it,' Hunter soothed.

I took a deep breath and held my hand out, creating this "mirror" type of thing. I could feel myself being pulled into two as Hunter appeared on the other side of the "mirror".

She smiled, her purple eyes staring back at me before she turned and walked away. She didn't say a word as she left, leaving me to anxiously await her arrival back.

I chewed on my lip and waited for them to come back. I prayed that this would work because I had no idea what I would do if I didn't.

Hunter came back, leading my little sister. There was a smile on her face, and I could tell that she was happy to help. "I want to see what happens between you, but not as bad as I want to see my family," Hunter said.

I nodded my head, keeping my emotions in check. I watched as they reached the "mirror" and held my hand out for my sister.

Anna held out her hand and touched mine, tears filling her eyes she walked through. She clutched me just as tight as I clutched her, her tears soaking my shirt.

"Just as much as you wanted to see yours," Hunter said, causing us to look at her. She bowed, some of her blonde hair falling out of the braid she wore. "Thank you for teaching me about how the Supernaturals could be kind," she said.

I nodded. "Thank you for choosing me to be your reincarnation," I said, kissing the side of my sister's head.

Hunter shook her head. "I didn't choose," she said, taking a step away from the "mirror".

There was a cracking sound from behind Hunter, causing her to turn. A bright-colored wolf sat down and watched us, the light coming off of her making it hard to see her shape.

Hunter bowed her head to the Wolf before turning back to us. "She did." She nodded her head in goodbye and turned to face the wolf.

The wolf stood and waited for Hunter to come towards her, staying patient. She touched noses to Hunter, who had turned into a wolf, before nodding to us.

We nodded back and watched as they both bounded away and into this glowing orb.

"Did that me you could have shifted into Wolf form?" Anna asked, breaking the silence.

I nodded my head and stood, clutching my little sister to my chest. "Yes," I replied. "But, who wants to be a smelly beast?"

Anna laughed, her laughter warming my heart. "Werewolves," she said, causing me to chuckle. "Come on, let's go home."

I nodded my head and made my way back to the packhouse where my family was waiting.

I was the hunter, and I was the hunted. But, no matter what I was, I would always be the protector of the innocents, and it didn't matter what species they were.

I would protect them until my last breath, just like what the Moon Goddess wanted me to do.