-Chapter Eighteen-

Peter Parker

Peter shifted nervously from foot to foot. He was confused and scared, his mentors weren't acting like themselves while he had no idea what was going on. Nor did he know what to do, the only thing that seemed to be working for him was the fact Percy, Annabeth, Nico and Will seemed to be fine.

He was unbelievably thankful for that, the only issue is Peter was having trouble working up the courage to talk to them about what he was noticing. 

Peter shifted on his feet once more before he took a huge breath and made his way towards where the four demigods were quietly talking to each other.

As Peter crept up he began to hear what the four teens were talking about and it only made his interest spike. 

"It doesn't make sense, I thought Piper got rid of these guys?" Nico shook his head as he waves his hands about, Peter watched as Will looked down at his shorter boyfriend before placing his hands on his hips.

"I did too, they must have found a loophole and without her here we stand no chance." Percy shrugged while Annabeth nodded beside him.

"It'll be a hell of a fight without her here to help us, we need to be smart about this and think it through," Annabeth stated. Peter felt his stomach drop, he had a sick feeling he knew what they were talking about and it mostly had to do with how his mentors were acting. 

"We can't hurt the Avengers whatever we do. So, I say we make a call to our favorite charmspeaker and hope she gets here in time," Will adds on before he looks over and catches Peter. His smile drops at the sight of Peter. When the other three noticed Will's change in appearance they looked over to finally spot Peter.

"Oh shi-" Nico was cut off by Peter speaking.

"How can I help?" He found himself saying before he really thought about. The four other teens seemed surprised by Peter's sudden proclamation. 

"You wanna help us? But you don't even know what is going?" Will asked as his eyebrows shot up only to be hidden behind the blond hair that almost reached his eyes.

"I know...look, the Avengers have all helped me through stuff and were there for me...they have taught me a lot and still teach me how to be a hero...I just want to help them as they've helped me!" Peter's face grew red as he heard the desperation in his own voice as well as how stupid he sounded. "Sorry...sorry. I just want to help, okay?" He added on along with a wince as he realized he only made it sound worse.

"Okay," came a strong voice, Peter looked up from his toes to see Percy staring at him with a smirk, Peter never realized how troublesome and like a delinquent Percy really looked. Peter now knew why so many of the teachers at their school weren't the biggest fan of him. If you didn't know Percy Jackson you'd probably assume he was a bad guy with his resting frown and the thick scowl that appeared when he was thinking. Or even worse his smile, which could only be described as a smirk.

"W-wait really?!" Peter felt as if this were a prank, these people were obviously close and had been in many situations far worse than this considering how calm they seemed to be.

"Yeah? Why not? We need all the help we can get, and you know them better. You know how they fight, how they think and how they move in general. So, a person on the inside is crucial in situations like these." Annabeth rattled off as battle plans were her life's work. (Peter suspected that wasn't far off from the truth.)

"Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. Okay, what are we up against?" Peter asked while he bounced on his toes, his spidey-senses were definitely alive. They kept going off every time Sam, Steve, and Rhodey got close. It sent his sense into overdrive and it was everything in him to not run or hit them.

"We believe its some of our monsters. Ever heard of things called eidolons?" Annabeth asked Peter scowled in confusion. That word sounded made up.

"No, definitely have never heard of them," Peter gave in after he searched his brain for any time he heard of those things.  

Annabeth sighed before she placed her hands on her hips, "They are these spirit-like things, they possess humans and take control of them. When they possess someone they can see all their memories and know how they move. Luckily we caught onto them early before they got completely used to their host." Annabeth shot a look towards the other Avengers were having a casual enough conversation. Still, just the sight of Steve, Sam, and Rhodey shot shivers up and down Peter's spine.

"It's them. Those three," Peter gestured his head towards the three who were driving his sense insane.

"Well, yeah, we suspect them but there is also-" Peter didn't mean to be rude but he cut Annabeth off.

"No, they are definitely the ones. My spider-sense is going effing psychotic anytime they get within ten feet." just as he spoke a shiver ran down his back as Steve walked past them towards the hallway. Peter hated this, he loved all the Avengers and for the mere presence of them to make him want to just MOVE was awful. 

"Spider-sense?" Percy asked as he tipped his head in confusion. Peter sighed, he hated explaining his spider-sense mostly because it was just that. It was like he had one more sense and he just knew when things were going bad or were coming. So, that's exactly what he said, which only confused two of the boys further. Percy and Nico. 

"Wait, you mean in a way you have a sixth sense?" Peter noticed Nico liked to wave his hands about as he spoke. 

"Yeah, I guess. I mean weren't you telling me how you can stretch out your sense when you shadow travel? Yeah, it's like that only mine just does it on its own." Peter shrugged as he stepped back onto the wall, he placed his feet up so now he was hanging on the wall. 

Since gaining all his spider-abilities Peter loved to sit or hang on the walls and ceiling. It was honestly more comfortable half the time. 

Nico nodded his head like that made sense, and Percy seemed to understand now. 

"So, now that that is all cleared up. Will and I have devised a plan," Annabeth turned towards them with a smile on her face.

"Nico and I will go get the others, it's easiest for us to leave without raising suspicion as well as its the fastest way. Much to my disagreement shadow travel has proven quite handy," Will once again placed his hands on his hips.

"I'll be fine, Will. Trust me," Nico added, as he placed a hand on Will's. 

"Okay, while they go get the others we will be a recon team. Which basically means we are going to find out as much intel as we can while making sure they stay here. All while being inconspicuous. Easy right?" Annabeth cracked a smile, while Percy placed his hands in his pockets behind her. Peter realized when they said Intel they meant he was going to tell them. 

"Alright, see you guys on the other side," Nico smirked as he gave a two finger salute before the shadows seemed to be swallowing and surrounding them and in a blink, they were gone. 

"Okay, Peter, what do you have that will help us until Will and Nico can get here with our back-up," Percy asked this like it was literally nothing. All while Peter was about to have a breakdown, where he was about to reveal all he has learned about the Avengers in his many years of working, living, and just being around them. 

He made a quick mental note to apologize to them before he began spilling his guts on everything he knew.

-Okay...I know. Long overdue. but hey! Wattpad is finally working on my laptop again which means it's easier for me to write! Also, I am in school but this should only increase the chances of me publishing a chapter.

So like I said, this story is coming very close to its end, and if you want it to be longer I'll need some suggestions! So please leave some in the comments!

and with that, I will leave you. Alright, see ya next chapter...

PEACE!-