Chapter Seven

The Eons Chapter 7: ****PG13**** Thank you to habeeb for the scene of seriously mature sensuality****

I spent a few hours downstairs with Char and Ari playing video games and just chillin’. I was getting sleepy and I was looking forward to my comfy bed after a long day. “Goodnight Char,” I said walking up from the basement. Ari followed me. I said goodnight to Bane in the den as she watched over Ash. Ari was still following me when I went up to the third floor. “So what do you need Ari?” I asked. “Remember when I said I needed more girls in my room?” he was pulling on a hangnail. I laughed, “yes.” “You wanna take me up on that offer?” His breath was warm on the back of my neck. “Ari you’re joking right?” I asked skeptically. I turned around to face him. “You’re the only one I’ve got eyes for Falcon,” He was leaning in closer. “Oh Ari, okay I will hang out for a while but I am sleeping in my own bed,” I reached behind me and opened his door.  He laughed. So he hadn’t meant for it to come out like that.

In the end I spent all of 3 hours in his room. He had a little radio in the corner of his room and when Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer came on the radio He picked me up off the floor and started dancing. I was laughing. “Ari I can’t dance.” “ Just follow my lead,” He winked. I rolled my eyes. I found that we made a pretty good team, because I learned quickly and I could probably follow Ari anywhere. Then the two of us were laughing at our typical teenage cliche of being hopeless romantics.

At 2 in the morning I left Ari sitting on his bed with that stupid cocky smirk plastered all over his face.  I slept for about 4 hours and was up at 6. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and found Ari combing his hair. I laughed out loud when he started posing in front of the mirror. “What’s so funny?” He asked, picking me up and spinning me around the small bathroom. We were laughing like lunatics.

     I walked into the basement and nearly screamed. Vlad was on the couch and Char was laying on top of him. They didn’t have shirts on and I wasn’t sure if they had pants on or not because the bottom halves of their bodies were covered by blankets. That probably wasn’t a good sign. They were making out passionately, tongue and all. Char slid his hand down under the blanket towards Vlad’s........ I heard someone enter the room “WHAT THE H-” Ari was cut off by a loud groaning noise from Vlad. Apparently Char had reached his destination. I ran back upstairs to tell Calypso and Bane what had just happened. I would let Ari handle this.

45 minutes later we thought it might be safe to come back downstairs. We ate breakfast in silence. Char walked down after having taken a shower. We laughed for a while and then Bane went to go sit and talk with Ash. Calypso and I were having a card tournament with Ari and Alec when Bane walked into the kitchen followed by Ash. “How are you feeling there Captain?” Ari asked with venomous spite. “I’m doing a lot better just trying to strengthen my legs,” he said choosing to ignore the malice in Ari’s tone of voice. He headed back to the couch but halfway there he had to lean on Bane for support. He wasn’t as fine as he was letting on.

Ari was in a good mood all day unless he saw Ash. I understood why he could be mad yesterday but why in the name of all things good was he mad at Ash for speaking the truth? What had I done but screw things up for Ari and get more people worried since I’d shown up here? Nothing.

“Hey Ari, we’ve gotta talk,” I placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. “Okay so talk,” he said turning to me and smiling. “Not here, out there,” I said nodding towards the woods and Ash sitting on the couch beside us. he stood up and allowed me to lead him into the woods. I climbed the same tree as yesterday. We sat there and he waited patiently for me to speak. “I don’t want you to be mad at Ash. He told me the truth; I’m worthless. All I’ve done is get you into trouble and nearly get Ash killed and Jypsie, she’s gone,” I said letting my bangs fall over one eye. Gripping my shoulders he looked into my eyes, “You are not worthless. You’ve played an important role in all of this. You killed just as many horrors as everyone else and for Christ’s sake you chased a horror through the woods to save the guy that just called you worthless.”

Ari kept trying to tell me I meant something but I was stubborn finally he said, “If I can’t convince you, what will?” I didn’t know. Why was I so self abusive? “I-I,” my voice cracked and I stuttered. “I believe you Ari. I do but there are demons I have to deal with. You, Bane, Calypso, Ash, you guys can’t keep fighting them off for me,” I jumped out of the tree and was followed by Ari. We walked back to the house hand in hand.

I almost screamed for a second time. Ash had his hands on Bane’s waist. His mouth was pressed firmly against hers. Ari saw it and almost screamed. We ran around to the front of the house and snuck upstairs. I found Calypso and Alec and told them about the kiss. Calypso did scream.

Later we were sitting at dinner and Vlad stood up. “I have a secret that I’d like to get off my chest,” Vlad said. “My father is Lord Kamenwati and I was sent here to destroy Falcon.” Well that’s new. “And now I have a plan,” Ash said.

Many, many hours later we had all agreed on a plan. We would sneak into the horror armies and find Kamenwati’s quarters where one of us would kill him. Seemed simple enough. It would have to wait ‘till in the morning because most everyone was dying of sleep deprivation.