6

Day 9

The day Saffron Walters got me questioning.

Although our first date really was quite magical, I couldn't help but feel like I still didn't know anything about you. Besides the bitter coffee and the big move into the city – but why?

We had dinner in that new fancy restaurant that was just newly built beside the lake.

Everything you did seemed to amaze me. Like how you didn't know how to act in the restaurant or the way that you felt so under-dressed compared to the other diners.

To be honest with you, no matter what you wore, all eyes would still remain on you.

You asked me why there were so many spoons and forks laid out on the table and I went on to explain the role of each, amazed by each expression you passed.

That baffled look you showed me before mentioning how it would save so much water and time if everyone used one fork and spoon each.

I remember how after dinner, you didn't want to take a taxi home. You told me that it was a beautiful night and asked why people would hide away when there was a performance of stars right above us.

So, that's what we did. Instead of taking a ten minute taxi drive home, you wanted to stroll underneath the night sky and hear my little stories about each of the stars I made up as a kid.

And that's when you turned to face me, before glancing up once more.

You explained how even though the stars shine out every night, most of them were dead and have been for many years. I must have shown what I was thinking on the inside as you amused and continued on, telling me that even though the stars have been dead for so long, they still provided us with a beautiful light.

Almost like a sacrifice for us. That they exchange their existence so that we are able to witness how fascinating they are.

That they cease to exist but there they were, right above us. You told me how despite them being just nothing once more, they are still around, allowing us to gaze at their beauty for that little bit longer.

You seemed so taken away by each of them, how the rest of us just look up and see their light. But you, you saw something else besides that. It got me wondering if you ever had something taken away from you and that you still believe that they're always there, watching above you all this time.

And perhaps that was the reason why you decided to move away from where you were, and maybe the reason that I was so lucky to know you. Because, you knew no matter where you travelled to, that star that was taken away from you will always follow close behind.

Day 9, the day Saffron Walters took my breath away with her words.