Two

"Darling would you mind getting this prescription for your grandfather?" Violet's mother asked her. She stared at her grandpa that was now sitting straight and was told he could leave and go back to his adult care home he was already living in.

The man was already pretty old so he lived under supervision in an elderly home. Her grandmother had passed away a few years back so he was pretty lonely most of the time. Violet and het grandfather were really close, she came over at least three times a week because she didn't want him to feel lonely in any way.

Violet nodded, getting the slip of paper from out of her mothers hands and putting the bag she was holding down. Then she walked out of the hospital room. Since the pharmacy was on the completely other end of the big hospital she slipped in her ear buds and started playing her favourite playlist which had some blink-128 and Good Charlotte on it.

Violet walked down the halls, entering different hallways for different kinds of treatments and eventually reaching the bottom floor. The third song started playing in her ear buds just when she saw the pharmacy sign.

She let out a sigh and got the prescription ready in her hand.

When Violet entered the pharmacy it was quite busy, but all that she could see was the semi-familiar mop of red hair that stood last in the line. A blush immediately crept on to her cheeks, she slightly wondered why but then realised she had been flattered the first time she saw him because he kept staring at her.

She had no idea what she should do. Should she say hi? Why was he here anyways, she thought he had left when she was still getting those drinks about an hour ago.

"Excuse me," somebody said, slightly bumping in to Violet and brushing past her so he could walk to the front. This made Michael look up and turn around, a smile appearing on his lips when he was met with those gorgeous eyes again.

Michael had finally collected enough balls and was about to say hi when he was turned around and it was his turn at the front desk. Violet let out a soft chuckle, staring at his back. She couldn't really hear what they are talking about, she was just staring at the back of this boy. 

His skinny legs were wrapped up in tight black skinny jeans. He was wearing black Doc. Martens that looked slightly beat up. Lastly he was wearing an old Iron Maiden t-shirt with cut off shoulders, the back was covered in tour dates and little illustrations.

Violets eyes found their way up to his hair whilst she stared at the bright red. It was fresh, newly done, because nothing had yet faded. This made her wonder what his actual hair colour would be. She had found a slight interest in this stranger.

Then, Michael turned around and they locked eyes. A small smirk played on his lips, he realised she was totally checking him out. He finally found the courage and spoke before walking off, "see you around." He said, Violet nodded, a little flustered as the boy walked out of the pharmacy again.

The smirk was still on his lips, he couldn't believe such a gorgeous girl was checking him out. His entire day was made and for a second he had forgotten that he was in the hospital.

Michael walked back over to his car and sat down, still smiling, not really believing it at first. Afterwards he told himself he really should calm down, she hadn't said a word to him. Besides, he'd die soon so he probably shouldn't make new friends.

Instead, he started his car and drove over to the friends he already had. They told him they would be hanging out later that day and Michael told them he would think about coming. That was Michael, not making appointments, always saying things like 'we'll see'.

After about twenty minutes he pulled in to a parking space in front of Luke's house, the smile still visible on his lips. He walked over to the front door and opened it, walking in to a house where chatted and laughter was filling the entire place. Michael walked in, shocking his other friends.

"Mike!" Calum yelled, surprise was visible in his voice. "Hey mate." Ashton said, patting his back while he sat down next to them. "We didn't think you'd come by anymore." Ashton said, staring at them.

"Yeah, I've had quite the afternoon so far." Michael said, laying his head down on the backrest of the couch and not being able to wipe the smile off his face.

His friends all furrowed their eyebrows. "Didn't you have another hospital appointment today?" Luke eventually asked, stating the obvious. The smile left Michael's lips and he looked up again. "I did." He said, staring straight in front of him. Calum had paused the video game they were playing and now all his friend were staring at Michael.

"Guys, don't get your hopes up." Michael groaned, holding his head in his hands. "Sorry dude, it just sucks." Luke says, pulling Michael in to his chest. He felt tears appearing in the corner of his eyes.

"It fucking sucks." Michael then said, wrapping his arms around Luke's waist as the tears started forming. His friends all didn't know what to say, so they all just hugged him whilst they sat there, trying to calm him down.

After around ten minutes Michael finally let go of Luke. He fixed his t-shirt and then stared at his friends. "You guys better get me the best fucking funeral ever." He said, a chuckle escaping his lips. All of his friends started laughing at this comment and it lightened the mood a little.

"You want a drink?" Ashton asked, getting up and walking over to the fridge, "soda's fine." Michael said, grabbing his phone. "We've got beers." Ashton said, smiling weakly. "I can't drink alcohol in combination with these drugs they've given me." Michael groaned loudly, getting up and walking over to where Ashton was standing by the fridge.

Ashton let out a sigh and looked at his friend, "guess we'll have to run to the grocery store then." Michael whined but walked over to the door anyways. He heard Ashton following him. They slipped in to Michael's car and drove off to the closest grocery store.

In the mean time, Violet walked down the street. Her grandfather had just gotten home and her mother noticed the lack of food in his cabinet. Although he was under full supervision he could still pour himself a drink. So Violet was sent on yet another quest by her mother, to get her grandfather some orange juice and some soda.

It was quite warm in Australia right now, but she didn't really mind. She loved the heat, even though she was wearing a black t-shirt, doesn't matter.

She slipped in to the fully air conditioned store and walked through a few aisles, she didn't come here often so she had absolutely no clue where she could find what she came for.

After wandering around for a few minutes she finally found the correct aisle. She started walking over to the soda's until she noticed the now familiar red mop of hair. She had a smile forming on her lips when he noticed he was coming her way, but it faded slightly when she noticed he had brought a friend.

"Ash can you get some snacks too." The boy asked his friend, who furrowed his eyebrows but walked off anyways. The boy then smiled, locking eyes with the girl again.

"You again." She chuckled, staring at the boy. "Fate just seems to bring us together doesn't it." He laughed staring back at her.

Violet nodded and stared at the boy. Then she focussed her attention on the soda's and picked up a bottle of something.

"Hey, since fate just happened. Would you like to hang out some time?" He asked her, Violet widened her eyes and stared at him.

"I'd love to."
———
a/n double update bc why not