Chapter 2

Meanwhile, Nicholas Evans, a 16 year old orphaned boy, had ran away from his orphanage home with nothing but $20. His first place was the High Oaks Mall where he had succeeded to live in a small storage area at the corner of a store. The store? Flying Carpets. Nicholas had also succeeded in 'borrowing' some home accessories for his little cove. Nick had just woken up from a nap, and decided to go out to eat. Of course when he decided to do that, he ran into his crush, Amanda Snow, an employee at Flying Carpets.

"Hey Amanda." He greeted nervously.

"Hey Nick. Helping your mom shop for your new home?" A couple was following the employee. Were they her parents? Nick thought.

"Yup." Nick replied.

"That's cool. I'll talk to you later." Amanda bid goodbye and walked away, the couple still following.

Being adventurous, Nick decided to secretly follow them. Stalking some might say. He watched as the couple went into the janitor's closet. Nick waited for 10 minutes and no one had come out. Thoughts of Amanda getting hurt boggles his mind. Nick went ahead and entered the closet. To his surprise, no one was there. He began searching for another entrance or exit. Even a machine that could teleport you somewhere else. But nothing was found. Sighing in disappointment, Nick leaned back in a corner, accidentally pushing a broom. The floor flipped and Nick fell down a chute.