two

-

-

anya decided to wait until later in the day to drop off shawns keys, after all, he probably was going to be asleep. poppy and jasmine both left a few hours after they had all eaten breakfast, and casually chatted about the party last night, and organising to meet up the following day.

then anya was left alone once more. anya was thankful that no one was around her, she could get some work done, and just relax for the rest of the day.

at around 7, anya decides to get up from the comfortable couch and deliver the keys to shawn. she picks them up from the marble kitchen counter, before putting on a pair of slides, and leaving her condo, taking her keys with her too.

she comes up to shawns white door, and knocks firmly, making sure he can hear it. she waits outside for a few seconds, before shawn yells something out.

"it's open!" he yells, going back to his cooking.

anya sighs softly, opening up the door, making shawn jump in shock at her. "oh, i didn't think it was you," shawn says to her, looking up from the chicken he was grilling.

"uh yeah, i found your keys," she says, placing them down on the counter.

"oh, thank you," he sends her a small smile, as anya nods in response. "i called john up earlier, he got us all a box for next week if you're up for it."

"sounds good," she nods, folding her arms against her chest. "something smells good."

"it's just chicken and quinoa, basically the only thing i know how to cook, actually the quinoa is a microwaveable packet, but-" he cuts himself off with a laugh. "it's stuff i can warm up, basically." anya lets out a small chuckle. "hey, i know this is random, but there's too much food. do you want to maybe stay for a bit?"

"um," anya bites her lower lip anxiously. free food? hell yes. "okay, only if you don't mind though."

"i don't, honestly," he smiles at her softly. "just take a seat, this should be done in about five," shawn says to her, motioning to the kitchen island. anya nods, taking a seat at one of the bar stools, looking down at her hands in front of her. she looks up, seeing shawn plating up the meals, before walking over to anya, handing her a plate.

"what would you like to drink? we can open a bottle of wine if you want," he suggests, taking two glasses out of a cupboard.

"um, yeah that sounds good," she nods, making shawn smile again, as he places the glasses down, crouching down and opening another cabinet, taking out a bottle of white wine. he pours two glasses, handing one to anya, which she responds to with a thank you. "how was your trip to mexico?"

"it was good, thanks," he grins. "yeah, it was fun. i haven't been on a relaxed holiday with my family for a while. it was nice to get away from everything with them."