Greenhouse

BRINGING HER BACK

Chapter Five

This chapter is dedicated to Casker. Thank you dear for encouraging me to update my book:)

Faye was feeling very..... jittery, her nerves frayed and her muscles tensed, she was preparing for a non existent battle. She was adjusting her immaculate dress, fluffing it and dusting off the invisible lint again and again.

Arielle 'kindly' asked her to wear a short peach coloured dress with very short sleeves and plunging neckline, she didn't like how much she revealed- the thought of what a wolfman slash her fiance might think of her is unsettling to her.

She heard the door bell ringing and her aunt and uncle greeting a faceless person, her nerves hit haywire when her aunt called out to her. She braced herself for a very very bumpy ride.

"Faye! You have a very handsome visitor!" Her aunt had to announce the world what a handsome person a wolfman can be! Well....if her aunt even had an inkling of what kind of visitor he is she would be running for hills.

"Am coming! Just give me a few minutes!" Faye replied back. Her already haywired nerves hitting brakes, she was bracing herself for a panic attack. What was about this wolfman that has got your boy shorts into a twist, Faye. He is just a man. A regular, plain, boring, ordinary....extremly ordinary, handsome, half man/ half wolfman....Oh God, Faye! You are going on a date with a wolfman! Oh God! Am engaged to a wolfman! OMG! Am marrying a freaking wolfman.....

With that Faye felt the floor was no longer below her feet and her back was on the ground, her consciousness bleak.

*****

A sooting hand was massaging on her forehead, Faye was being gently pulled out of her dark universe. A voice accompanied the hand, foreign but welcoming. Faye wanted to fake a bit longer but the sensible part of her knew something was not right. Whom did the hand belong to?

"She must not have been out for long. No meat in her bones, I always tell her to eat but no! Kids these days, never listen to the voice of reason" If the gruff voice didn't give away, the strong hatred for 'kids these days' gave the whistle that her uncle was obviously irritated by her eating or lack thereoff. Even by her weak assessment she knew, the hand didn't belong to her uncle nor her aunt.

"I think it would be best if we let her rest, seeing as kids these days need sleep too." The teasing tilt was not lost on her even though the tone was supposed to be insulting. Whoever the person was he did not like my uncle but my uncle must really like this person for him to get away like this. Her uncle just laughed nervously and shifted along, leaving her alone with the person with the soothing hand. Then it dawned on her....her handsome visitor and the guy with soothing hands are same.

"Joined the dots already? Figures. You are a bright one. So tell me, my dear fiancé, did you faint because you were super excited about our date or is there a bun baking in the oven?" Again the teasing tilt was noticable but the insulting tone was absent, Faye assumed he was attempting to break the hugh block of ice between them.

Bun baking in the oven? Faye thought.

He must have seen the confusion on her face because he explained, "You fainted, fainting is one of the signs of pregnancy..."

WHAT THE HELL???!!!

This guy is something, assuming awful things about young girls.

He tries to grab her attention by waving his hand in front of her face.

"Am kidding. Your face resembles a steam engine, am sorry if I have offended you." His expression was sincere so Faye let it by.

She then realised where she was 'lounging' or rather on whose lap she was laying on, she quickly rose on her heels and felt a bad case of inertia. God this is a bad day, she thought.

Off to a bad start, first things first.

"I think we should not marry, Ozias." She held her breath and waited for his response.

His response was not what she expected, he.....laughed on her face.

"Good luck with that." With that said he turned his back on her and moved towards the front lawn. Faye followed him and smiled at the passing maids who, judging by their flustered faces were quite nervous upon Ozias's presence.

Ozias was carefree and nature friendly, examining all the flowers and the herbs as if he was fascinated by them. His face showed calmness that contradicted his stiff posture.

"My father wouldn't allow that. He....he likes this estate too much, in fact, you could say he would kill for it."

Faye gasped and Ozias looked at her behind his dark lashes. " I mean, this place is beautiful.  Isn't that the reason your relatives want to send you off?" Faye had figured that out but how can Mr. Valentine Senior acquire her estate? Why would he like her estate? What's so special here? And what did Ozias mean by...he would kill for this estate?

"Why would your father want an estate of mine? You people are like billionaires, why would he need to kill for it?" Faye had to know, her questions were unanswered far too long.

Ozias just shrugged. " Land, my dear."

Obviously! Like that would explain....Faye is forever confused.

"Territory, Faye. Have you forgotten am a Were, my father's the Alpha of our pack until I marry. We need land to expand our family, so..."Ozias left it at that and Faye could join the dots.

"So, you need to marry, you have to have a land to extend your family and marriage with me some how assures you and your father just that."

"You really are a bright one, aren't you?". Faye is beginning to think his compliments are NOT exactly just that!

Faye just shrugged and replied neatly. "A girl has to be, if doesn't want to be fed to the wolves!"

Ozias guffaws! The nerve of that man! What is so funny about that sentence.

"Am glad I amuse you. Its not about my father's legacy that is on the line or anything, feel free to laugh at my expense!" By the time Faye finished her sentence Ozias has resorted to chuckling. It further ignited Faye's fuse, so she did the only thing an angry, frustrated girl would do.

She slapped him!

Thank you to all my readers, means a lot to me you took time and read my book :)

Please feel free to Vote/ Comment/ Fan.

Love you all :)