Submission

Chapter Three :

A special thank you for my readers who read my book patiently and stuck by me :)

Calm.

Faye felt calm soaking in the hot tub, the bubbles and the hot water soothing her tired muscles and skin. The sweet soft music playing in the background adds to her relaxing mood. She loves this peace and quite after the hectic day, such as today, when people put up a façade and try to butter her up.

She couldn’t escape sooner from the rich and the accomplished today, and the huge wolves, which she still debates with herself if she really saw them or were they a figment of her imagination. But you had to give it to her that she is eerily calm as opposed to being….panicky. I did see......Wolves right?

Tomorrow she will go near the stream again, to investigate. She wants to know if she really saw them or she really needed to see a therapist.

Faye sighed. Her life was not going as she expected. She is betrothed to a man she has never met, her aunt and uncle couldn’t wait to get rid of her and to top it all she thinks she is becoming a cuckoo for coco puffs.

*****

Faye decided she liked the stream, especially in the morning. The air was cold and foggy due to the upcoming winter season but the warmth of the sun was pleasant. She rubbed her gloved hands together hoping she didn’t have any more wolf encounters but it seemed luck wasn’t on her side.

A sudden nudge on her side made Faye shriek out, making her fall on her butt. Something huge shadowed on her making her suddenly feel cold, from the lack of sun’s warmth she felt the dread seep into her and paranoia making her shiver in fright.

A big black wolf stood above her staring down at her like she was a piece of meat. She started to shake in fear but gathered up her courage and prepared to die because why won’t a wolf kill?

There was something different about this wolf; it wasn’t the same black wolf from yesterday. No, this wolf’s eyes weren’t mesmerizing nor was it beautiful. This wolf looked hungrily at her. Suddenly, it came close to her. It lifted its paw to…..she didn’t know for what, but she kept on praying to some unknown deity to save her.

Looking closer, she saw this wolf had a mark on its forehead, like the shape of a paw….as if someone branded its head. The wolf started to sniff the air around her and its wet snout almost touched her hair when another big wolf came out of know where.

She knew this wolf, it was the same from yesterday; beautiful and regal. Its thick, black fur shining in the morning sun, it looked as if he was the king of the jungle. It pounced on the first wolf, making it growl and fall on its hind. The regal wolf landed on its feet, barely affected by the lunge.

The first wolf got up and both wolves started to circle each other, growling and clawing the earth, preparing for a fight. The first wolf leaped on the regal wolf trying to get the upper hand but the regal wolf was stronger and agile, it moved out of the way and attacked the first wolf from its side, biting on its throat and pinning its sides on the ground from behind.

The first wolf seemed to have lost its fight and surrendered because it bowed its head in submission. All the while, Faye watched the scene unfold in awe and wonder.

The regal wolf howled a cry and in few second another wolf emerged from the trees, this time a brown one. Same one from yesterday, Faye thought.

The chocolate wolf showed its fangs when the first wolf barked in pain from being pinned down. Faye observed and drank in the presence of the wolves while they communicated. The regal wolf must be the leader because it seemed bigger and….giving the orders?

Faye shook her head, she was still ‘lounging’ on the mother earth and any minute now the wolves could see her, she was in plain sight and the sun’s light focused on her slightly shivering form.

Faye slowly tried to get up and become ‘poof’ but her plan backfired when a twig broke under her foot. She froze along with the wolves whose eyes were fixated on her frozen form.

The regal wolf, nodded its head at the chocolate wolf, it nodded back. The chocolate wolf bared its teeth at the first wolf; it bowed its head in return, still showing its submission.The regal wolf circled around Faye and sniffed the air.

What’s with air sniffing? Faye thought.

The regal wolf circled once more and growled, a loud piercing growl, which made her shudder and the forest stilled. What is happening? Is it announcing, ‘this is meal time?’

While the wolf was circling her, Faye noticed that the other wolves have left them alone.

The regal wolf took several steps back and Faye heard…..bones cracking?

The regal wolf’s body was shaping into a very familiar shape; it scared her to a whole new level. Though it looked it was enduring a lot of pain, it was staring right at her. Its fur receding from its body, leaving a smooth tan colored skin behind.

She was in shock by what was happening in front of her, A WOLF TURNED INTO A MAN! And the regal wolf man was wearing his birthday suit!

She wanted to turn her head away but her eyes were boring on his form, shamelessly drinking him in; and the wolf man either didn’t seem to mind her ogling or he didn’t notice his lack of clothing because the time she took staring at him, he was staring right back at her.

His eyes bore into hers; coming closer to her he lifted his right hand to touch her hair but decided against it.

Faye was rooted to her spot, wondering why she didn’t run away when she had a chance? or why she isn’t scared of this wolf? In fact, when this wolf man almost touched her hair she almost leaned into his hand. WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO HER!

“Beautiful.” He spoke in husky and sexy voice. Even his voice was enticing; she wanted to hear his voice once again.

“Who are you? Or rather, what are you?” Faye questioned breathlessly, feeling annoyed at herself for speaking like a hussy.

“I am what you saw. Tell me, love, what did you see?” The wolf man spoke in a deep, sexy voice. She was entranced by the way his gorgeous mouth moved.

“I saw what I was shown. Tell me, wolf man, what is your name?” Faye asked mockingly. She was no longer afraid of the wolf....she thinks,  but liked what she saw…oh! what a sight that is….

The wolf man chuckled and circled around her once again, finally coming from behind her, he blew his warm breath in her ear, his deep voice almost turning her legs into jelly.

WHAT IN THE HELL WAS HAPPENING TO HER?!

“Feisty, I like it. As for who I am, you will soon find out.” With that said, the wolf man jogged behind a big oak tree and pulled a latch on one of the branches, it had some clothes in it. He pulled on the T-shirt and the sweatpants and with a wink, he disappeared into the forest, leaving Faye stunned, thrilled and excited.

She is not this girl, she flirted, yes, but she never allowed any man to affect her so much. She decided associating with this wolf man is not good....but oh so good.

Hussy, her subconscious snarked. She shook her head. She needed to get out of there, fast.

Great, and now she needs to watch out for the wolf man.

Please comment/vote

Your feedbacks make my day :)