spill the tea

"brynn... we have to tell them, it's been 13 days!" he pleaded. i looked away from his phone and raised my eyebrow.
"you've been counting? we're not even actually together, caleb. what if we tell our family's and then you decide to get with sydney or i decide to get with luke?" i replied, turning my phone off. he rolled his eyes and started kissing my neck.
"i don't want to be with sydney, you don't want to be with luke." he mumbled into the many hickeys he had given me over the past week and a bit. "you want to be with me. and i want to be with you. so that settles it."
"when shall we tell them that we are unofficially together?" i laughed, shaking my head.

he rolled his eyes and stood up. "now." he simply stated before leaving my room. i jumped up and followed him down their stairs. i managed to catch up with him and the bottom and spun him around. he pulled away and walked into the kitchen where our family's (minus luca, jack and blake who were outside playing soccer. they were baking a cake for 4th of july. annie, sarai and my mom were making the blue batter, my dad, billy, hayley and poppie were making the red batter and katie and lexie were working on the white batter.
"caleb, brynn, can you start putting dye into the icing?" my mom asked, although it was more of an instruction than a question. we both nodded and opened two containers of white icing. i added blue dye to mine and caleb added red to his. i started mixing mine and moved next to caleb.
"so when are we going to tell them?" i whispered, laughing. he sighed and turned around.
"everyone!" he called, causing them all to turn their heads. he cleared his that and put his bowl down. "brynn and i are together. we are dating."
"so that's what the hickeys are from on each other's necks?" annie asked, laughing. i quickly covered my neck, and sighed as everyone laughed at her comment.
"i'm glad you two are finally together, the romantic tension was killing me." billy said, turning back round to finish the cake batter.