I found an abandoned baby... Chapter 12

Gee, you guys made it easy to pick a name (note the sarcasm). Haha, I didn't think EVERYONE would comment. Anyway, I couldn't choose one because I'm really indecisive and a lot of the names were really good, so I just scrolled up and down with my eyes closed and picked one randomly. It landed on dreamerangel's (I hope I spelled that right) comment, and I picked 'Jessica' just because I think 'Jessie' is such a cute nickname. A big thanks to everyone who left suggestions! I really appreciate it!

Chapter 12

Shawn's POV

I hesitated only for a second before ringing Sam's doorbell. For what must've been the hundredth time that day, I ran a hand through my hair, wondering if I was doing the right thing. She sounded so desperate and sad on the phone, I wouldn't have been able to say no if I wanted to. Which I didn't.

"Come on in, the door's open," her sweet voice called from inside.

I did as she said, then shut the door behind me. "Sam?" I called when I didn't see her anywhere.

"I'll be right out." Did her voice quiver?

"You okay?"

"I'm-" She cleared her throat before continuing. "I'm fine. Give me a minute."

I sat on the couch, confused, until she came out a few seconds later. My breath caught and I felt my eyes widen as I looked her down, then back up.

She was wearing nothing but a long t-shirt that lingered on her upper thighs, her sexy, slender legs peeking out from underneath. I could easily tell that she wasn't wearing a bra, and that made me wonder what else she might not have been wearing. My jeans suddenly seemed a lot tighter.

Under my lustful gaze, she grew uncomfortable and fidgeted with the bottom of the shirt, which only brought it higher. "I'm glad you came," she said quietly.

I got my voice back and asked, "What's all this?" referring to her clothes, if you could call them that.

She took a deep breath, then let it out slowly. "Look, I know I've been keeping things from you, and I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't have to. I want to prove to you how much I love you."

My heart stuttered. Did she just say 'love'? Wait a second, what did she mean she was going to prove to me how much? I looked over her again. "Baby, I told you I could wait until you were ready." Even as I was saying the words, a thousand dirty thoughts were bombarding my brain.

She swallowed and said, "I know. But I don't want you to have any doubts."

I stood up and walked to her. She was so nervous, staring at the floor and fidgeting with the edge of the shirt. It was obvious that she wasn't ready, but I was pretty sure there was more to it than that. My thoughts were further confirmed when she unconsciously moved one foot back, then seemed to force herself not to move.

"Sam, look at me," I said once I was right in front of her. She didn't, so I put my finger under her chin and coaxed her to look up.

The haunted look in her watery eyes killed any thoughts I had of having sex with her tonight. Well, most of them. "What's wrong?"

She forced a smile. "Nothing, Shawn." Tentatively, she moved her hands to my chest and stretched up on the tips of her toes to kiss me.

Unable to help myself, I kissed her back and put my hands on her waist. The kiss started out slow, then became more intense and I slipped my tongue in her mouth. As she reached for the button on my jeans with shaky hands, a flash of that haunted look on her face popped into my mind, and I snapped out of the lusty haze.