Chapter 54

"Where are we going?" I asked annoyed that I didn't have shoes on.

We have been in this car for way too long for my liking. I hate not knowing where we were going, and as the time went by, I started really regretting not staying home.

"Jason. Please say something. Where are we going?" I asked again but he didn't say anything. "Jason, I don't have shoes on."

"I know." Was his only response and I frowned crossing my arms over my chest.

I bit on my lower lip and tried to stay quiet and calm my curiosity until we get there. But I couldn't help myself. I can't stand this much silence.

"So, you had a designer make the ring?" I spoke again.

His hands tightened on the steering wheel slightly. "Elena talks too much. It's no big deal."

I turned my body a little and placed a hand on his arm. "It is a big deal, Jason."

"Whatever."

"Thank you." I smiled resting my arms against the console and moving closer to him.

"Quiet. I'm trying to be mad at you."

I chuckled placing my lips on his jaw. "Mad at me for what?"

He groaned moving away slightly. "Stop doing that. You want to wait before the wedding, so don't push your luck."

I gasped and quickly pulled away. "Jason."

"What? You won't even let me eat your pu-"

"Jason!" I moved closer to window and tried not to rub my cheeks when I felt my face heating making me even more grateful that blush wasn't visible on me.

"I'm just saying. No running for you on our wedding night." He said taking a left turn.

I scoffed at his words trying to look unbothered when I was feeling the total opposite.

Well at least that made me stay quiet for the rest of the car ride. If that's what he wanted, it was a success.

I looked around confused when he stopped the car, literally in the middle of nowhere.

"Where are we?"

"We're visiting someone."

My frown deepened when he got of the car and slammed his door shut. I opened mine and was about to get out when I remembered that I still didn't have shoes on. So, I just opened the door wider and sat with my legs out as Jason moved around the car and came on my side to lean it in silence.

"I don't have shoes."

"I know. Patience." He said.

"Who are we visiting?"

"You'll see."

Just then I heard a car stop beside ours. The lights went off and I smiled lightly when I saw Carlos get out with a box in his hands.

"Hi Carlos." I smiled at the middle-aged man.

"Victoria." He nodded with a smile handing a box to Jason.

It's just when Jason got close that I noticed that it was a box of shoes. So, he didn't let me put shoes before we came here, just to send Carlos to buy them.

Where does he even find shoes at this time of the night?

He opened the box and gave it to me.

I frowned looking at the black flats inside. "You don't let me put my own shoes on, just to send Carlos for new ones?"