Chapter 3

He smiled as he saw the caller ID.

"Hello mom."

"How are you baby?"

"Good."

One of the only people who can always put a smile on his face just with a 'hello'.

"I want all of us to have dinner to meet Elena's boyfriend." She said.

"Boyfriend?"

After what his father did to the last one, they had hoped that the message would spread and that they would all stay away from his sister.

Looks like they were wrong.

They didn't mind her being in a relationship. But all the fuckers she brought home didn't deserve her. And they wouldn't just let a clown in their family.

"Yes. Please don't react like your father. He is a nice guy."

Jason scoffed. "We'll see about that tonight. And how brave he is."

"The three of you are going to drive me crazy. Just don't ruin my dinner or I will use your father's gun on you."

"Okay. We'll wait for after dinner."

She huffed. "I can't stand any of you. Don't forget to let Victoria know."

"I won't." He grumbled.

"Of course you won't." He could literally feel her smiling on the other side of the line.

"Stop smiling."

She chuckled. "I'm not. I just know you're comfortable around her and it makes me happy."

"It's normal, we work together." He huffed, frustration clear in his voice.

"Of course." She said. "I'll see you tonight. I love you."

"I love you too."

****

"Hi boss."

"Vicky." He replied without looking away from his computer.

She closed the door behind her and made her way to the couch.

Jason looked up confused that she wasn't coming to his desk, just to notice that she had all her work and computer with her.

"Can I help you?"

"Changing environment. I've been in my office all day." She said looking at him. "If you want to be alone, I can go bother someone else."

"Did I say you were bothering me? Sit down." He said and she just took a seat.

He grabbed his work and stood up from his desk to sit close to her.

"Looks like you also needed company." She said teasingly.

"I always need yours." He stated looking st his documents.