Funky (47)

After a while, Honey's ups and downs became as normal for them as it was for her, meaning that they were slowly coming to terms with it all. Honey was concerned about George more than Fred at that point because while Fred was very open about what he was feeling, George avoided talking about it at all costs.  When Harry was attacked by dementors, and the order of the Phoenix was is a frenzy, she took that as an opportunity to spend the day with George. She asked Sirius and Remus if the two of them could leave, and they along with Molly agreed. The two of them were hanging out in her room when she got back up, and she pointed at George with a smile.

"We are leaving, go get dressed," She told him, making him raise an eyebrow.

"Just me?" He asked confused, pointing to Fred who had a pretty good idea what Honey was doing, as they were both a little concerned.

"Yeah," She said as it were obvious.  He shrugged and left to go get changed, shutting the door behind him.

"Where are you guys going?" Fred asked curiously, as she went to her dresser for clothes.

"I'm don't know, somewhere we can talk for sure," She answered, "I think that he'll open up a bit more when it's just us, you know?"

When Honey was done getting dressed, she let everyone know they were leaving then and Honey grabbed George by the shoulder and appreated away. Where she and Fred enjoyed doing outside things, George liked to be inside, so she figured ice cream was the perfect thing.

"Whoa! A little warning next time," George said with a laugh when they landed, as she had taken him a bit by surprise. They were in a muggle town, which meant she had landed in the back of the shop.

"Sorry! I'm just excited to hang out with you," She said with a bright smile- because she was. "Everything has been so crazy lately."

"You could say that again," He said as she led him to the front of the shop. 

Honey decided not to tell him that this particular ice cream shop made ice cream that stuck to your tongue, so as they ordered he assumed it was just ice cream spheres. There were a few other people in the shop, but not very many. They took a seat by a window, going on opposite sides of the table so they could face each other.

"This is so cool," George said, looking at his ice cream. He hadn't taken a bite yet, so when Honey stuck her tongue out to show that they stuck, he was a little surprised. "Whoa!"

"Right?" She said, watching him take a spoonful of his own. "Alright Georgie boy, what's up?"

"Nothing," He said with shrug. A lie of course, and not a very good one. 

"You can't just bottle things up like you are. You can talk about it, I want you too," She told him softly, making him sit back in his seat.

"I'm not bottling it up, I just don't know what to say," He admitted, turning his eyes out the window.

"What are you feeling?"

"Sad, scared, worried, angry- for starters," He answered with a hint of attitude in his voice. She had expected the attitude, but what he said next she hadn't expected. It seemed that he didn't need much prompting to get him started. "You are going to die, and that hurts so so much, but I know that eventually, I will be okay. Knowing that you and I had all this time together and that I was lucky enough to be a part of your life no matter how short. But Fred? I don't think that this is something that he will be able to bounce back from."

"What do you mean?" She asked her, taking a bite of her ice cream and pretending like her heart wasn't heavy as stone. She had to keep herself together for him.

"You are everything to him," He said slowly, swallowing back his tears, "I don't know if he's told you, but he loves you so much. When you die, it won't just be you that I'll be losing, it'll be him too."

Honey didn't know how to respond to that. She had in no way been expecting it and wasn't ready at all to hear it even though deep down she knew it was true. No matter how okay he seemed then, or how open he was with what he was feeling, she knew that it would all change. He was in denial.

"He has told me," She answered after a moment of thick, yet comfortable silence. That brought a smile to his face.

"How'd he do it?" He asked, desperately wanting to change the topic.

"It was when he brought me up a couple weeks ago when I thought I could make it down three flights of stairs alone. He said he just realized something, and I asked him what he realized," She explained, taking his bait to change the topic. "He said he realized he hadn't told me he loved me yet, and I told him he better get to it."

"Of course you did," He said with a laugh.

"Have you spoken to Mable at all?" She asked him with a smirk.

"I bit," He answered with a grin. "I'm not sure about all of that though."

"Why not?" Honey asked with a pout.

"I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm in a funk," He responded.

"Get out of your funk then," Honey told him. "Everything will be okay, I promise. I don't want you to miss your chance with her because of me."

"She does have a nice ass," He pointed out, making her make a fake outraged face at him. "Merlin and that accent! Where is she from again?"

"You aren't wrong, and she's from the US- Louisiana," She told him, "You should hear her parents!"

Authors note: Updates on Mondays from now on guys!