Chapter 2

The bell rang as I walked up to the school, cherry blossoms on each side of the street making the air sweet. The school was rather elegant and had a superior vibe about it. Definitely not the regular Canadian school you were used too, however you were in dads land now, Washington America, things were bound to be a little different especially since dad came from an elite family, I didn't get close to them because they never approved of mom, who was like me, just a regular smart girl who got into good schools because of her intelligence and not family money, although I guess now I was both.

"You're Star Stone right?"
Came a voice from behind me
Startled from my thoughts I turn and Meet eyes with a girl my age, black short straight hair with blunt bangs, dark green eyes like almonds with matching green lipstick
"Umm yea, I am" I reply smiling shyly
"Great, I'm Yuki Tanaka, let me show you to the office so you can register" she chirps happily, taking my hand she pulls me along up the stairs and in the front doors. Shocked and overwhelmed I just blunder along with her

 Shocked and overwhelmed I just blunder along with her

Are all the people are outspoken as her?

"This is the office, Principle Jones office is to the right and this is  Miss Adams, the receptionist, she'll help you with everything you need." Yuki explains twirling around the office as she does,

"Haha, that's great thanks" I laugh taking in the office

I turn and look at the lady sitting at the desk, her grey hair tied up in a neat bun.

"Hello, I'm Silver Stone, here to Register" I explain getting out the forms I had previously filled out and handing them to her.

"Welcome Star, I hope you enjoy your time here at Cornerstone High" she replies taking my forms and turning to the cabinets behind her to file them away and grab the uniform that sat beside them.

"This is yours" she says handing me the uniform that matched the one Yuki wore.

Looking at Yuki and examining the uniform on her all I can do is hope that if I'm half as lucky as her the uniform will look at least decent on me. She's tall, slender and all legs, right out of a magazine. I was short and all curves, not exactly runway stuff.

Turning back to Miss Adams I take my uniform and thank her and walk back to Yuki who stood by the door waiting for me.

"Thanks again for helping me and sticking around" I say to her.

"No problem, let me see your classes and I'll show you where you need to be" Yuki chuckles grabbing my class schedule

"You have English, Social and Art with me, sadly I see you're in Computer Science when I'm in biology. Oh! but we have advanced math together right now" she says excitingly

"So my first class is with you then, great!" I giggle at her excitement.
****

Class is just as expected and so was the rest of school. Most of the classes I do very well in however tomorrow I have that Computer Science and while I wanted to learn all I could about computers, I royally sucked. I knew the basics, I could type and work with most Microsoft programs and download different content but my knowledge was low and something about computers, or maybe just technology intrigued me.

I opened my locker, one of the many blue lockers lined up and down the hallway of the school and put my books away and grabbed my favourite coat, my mom and I had bought matching ones in Calgary when we visited Aunt Faith for Christmas last year, it was a deep mahogany with fake fox fur around the hood so not to support real fur.

With my thoughts else where I close my locker and turn to head home and crash into something solid falling back right on my ass, hard, with several books landing on my head before falling to the floor next to me.

"Ow" I whimper rubbing my head as I look up at what I hit.

And was stunned stupid.

Glaring down at me had to be one of the most beautiful guys I've ever seen, his vibrant blue eyes cold, his long straight black hair fell like silk around him, his cheeks bones were sexily sharp and his chin was strong with a slight point, he was the definition of male beauty. Sculpted from nothing but the best.

"The Black Prince looks pissed" I hear someone whisper bringing me out of my trance and I realize I've just been staring

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" I stutter quickly grabbing his books to hand back to him, which he quickly snatches from me before walking briskly away without so much as a word.

"Jackass" I mumble, a little louder than I should have, making the audience gasp and glare as if I just crushed a puppy with my bare hands and they witnessed the atrocious act.

Humph I snort and pick myself up and storm out of the school.

***

"Star!" Yuki yells running up from behind me

"So how was your first day?" She asks happily

"It was great until I accidentally bumped into some dude who although remarkably good looking a total douche" I fumed tucking my hair behind my ear

"Long dark hair and eyes cold as ice? She asks giggling

"Yes!" I huff with annoyance

"Maddie Yamamoto, he's who our school calls the "The Black Prince" not just because he's the the most handsome and wealthiest guy in our school but also because he's as mean as they come" she explains eagerly

"That explains the die hards at school" I explain the reactions and my lack of care