Chapter 1

I stare out the window of my fathers black Mercedes and watch as each car zooms by, every now and then my father takes a peak at me about to say something and then turns away. We haven't been very close, work always kept him very busy. So while I was young I spent most of my time with my mother whom I was extremely close with up until the very end of her battle with Cancer. Which meant me heading to my fathers. It's not like he's a bad guy or anything, he sent my mother money and made sure to pay for any hospital expenses when they arose, he made sure to send me nice gifts for birthdays and Christmas's but that's about as far as it went. Which I am grateful for, some kids get absolutely nothing from their fathers and their mothers struggle to make ends meat, however that was not the case for us, but there was always that lack of connection because of it all.

As I sat there watching cars pass and my thoughts raced on what was now my life I lazily played with my long auburn hair, slowly twisting it around my finger.

"So you decided on London I hear?" My father says breaking the silence.

"Umm, yes, I've always wanted to study abroad and was accepted to the University of London on full scholarship, just need to finish this year" I beam proudly, still tugging at the piece of hair I was playing with.

"That's great Star, you've always been a smart girl, different country and so far from home, might be tough on you though" he questions worryingly, looking over at me and I take that moment to take in his appearance, his auburn hair slicked back, which made him look even more like the lawyer he was, patches of silver on each side by the ears made the red in his brown really pop, his eyes stared at me, a grey that reminded you of rainy days.

I nod and break the silence

"I'll be safe and it's still a year away" I promise giving him my best don't worry about me smile

"Guess I'll just have to enjoy this year I have with you" he chuckles but there's a sadness behind it, I could tell this change was hard on him as well, not just because of me moving in but not having my mother to turn was going to be hard on both of us, after their divorce they never acted like the typical divorced parents, they stayed friends and always used logic with each other when raising me.

"It'll be a good year Dad, thank you" I say giving him a small smile, just as I see the turn for our place.

We pull up to the house and childhood memories come flooding back, it looks exactly the same as the last time I saw it 7 years ago. Still the white Victorian style with four giant white pillars on the front of the wrap around deck. The door is red instead of the blue I remember but it's the only thing different. I smile at it and grab my big ugly yellow suitcase and start up the stairs, my father has two of my other bags in hand and follows me up, I wait patiently by the door while he unlocks it and I follow him in, the inside has changed a lot, it's all been updated and modernized and that's kinda sad, makes it hard to believe it's the same place I had so many fond memories in.

"I got the basement all done for you, there's a room and ensuite bathroom along with a living area and such, it'll be like your own little apartment, figured that be nicer then a small room upstairs" my dad beams proudly

I look at him astonished "Really?" I hollar dashing for the basement, first thing I notice is the living room, a nice red couch set sits in the corner with a huge fifty five inch tv hanging on the wall in front of it, a black coffee table and matching end table sit beside and infront of the couch. Behind the couch, infront of me is a black desk with a printer all set up, straight ahead I find my room. It's painted a deep purple with a pretty black and silver accent wall on the far side with my queen white canopy bed against it, with a matching white bed side table that had a beautiful purple orchid in a tiny silver pot. I turn about the room with awe and pure joy when I notice the beautiful silver curtains that covers the stain glass window of a moon and a falling leaves, it's breathtaking.  Turning to thank him I notice another door to my right and find a massive walk in closet, way to big for what I own but beautiful non the less and a grand bathroom, with a walk in shower and giant soaked tub, it looks like something right out of HGTV. Overwhelmed and extremely grateful
I turn to my Dad
"This is beyond perfect, really! I love it all!" I say giving him a hug before throwing myself on the bed with pure joy

"I'm glad you like it, it's getting late so I'll let you unpack and settle in, have a good night Star" he says laughing turning from the room to head back upstairs.

"Goodnight Dad" I yell to him as he walks away

I grab my bags and put them onto of my bed and start unpacking and getting my outfit picked for tomorrow.

New school, new people. Oh the joys. Not! I hate starting fresh! Only ever had to do that once and that was when mom moved us from here to Vancouver. I was greatly gonna miss that city and the friends I had made there but was excited to see what this next year would bring me before I left for England!

After an hour of unpacking, Organizing and prepping for the next days events I was pooped and ready for bed. So after grabbing Mr.Whisks, my black fluffy kitty stuffy, I crawled into bed and past out.