Chapter 12

Full picture credit goes to @ohmybechloe on Instagram, the picture is not mine, I did not make it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Narrator's POV***

Beca left for her father's house yesterday, although she still didn't know the reason why he wanted her to go. All she knew is that she desperately didn't want to. Beca and her father never got along, but after a recent argument, their relationship had weakened greatly. Beca's father finally expressed his true feelings about her dream to pursue music. He said that a career in music was a waste of time. That the brunette would never make it and she would become an embarrassment to their family as music would never take her anywhere. After Dr Mitchell had said that it was the last straw for Beca, so she cut off all contact with him unless it was urgent.

Beca had only been away for one day and Chloe already missed her like crazy. She had no idea how long her best friend would be away and wasn't sure if she'd be able to make it more than a week without Beca. Chloe was driving herself crazy waiting for the brunette to come home, so she had decided to go for a walk around campus to clear her mind. She loved walking around the campus. Sure, there were some dodgy areas, but the majority of the campus was beautiful and full of life. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt a buzzing in her pocket. Chloe pulled her phone out to see that Tom was calling her and sighed before answering.

"Hello?"

"Babe, how come you haven't answered my texts?"

"I just need some time to think, Tom."

"Think about what?"

"About what you said the other night, you really hurt me, Tom." Chloe said, her voice softening.

"Babe, I was going to apologize before that bitch, Beca, interrupted us. She's always getting in the way." Tom said, his voice getting angrier as he spoke. Usually Chloe would try to change the subject, but she was sick of him insulting Beca and was getting angrier by the second.

"Fucking hell Tom." she said, catching Tom by surprise as Chloe never swore unless it was really necessary. "Can't you see it's not Beca's fault? Beca's not the one that treats me like shit! Beca actually appreciates me, unlike you. She's always there for me, but you're barely ever there, Tom. Maybe you need to change, not her!" Chloe yelled and hung up the phone before Tom had a chance to reply. "Fuck!" she whispered under her breath as she put her phone back in her pocket and continued to walk to try and calm herself down.

"Chloe?" a voice from behind her said. She spun around to see that it was Jesse.

"Oh. Hey Jesse. What's up?"

"Are you okay? I thought I heard you swear and I know that barely ever happens."

Chloe tried to give a small fake smile, "um, yeah, I'm fine. Just boyfriend troubles."

Jesse let out a small laugh, "I get that. I'll leave you alone to cool off."

"Thanks Jesse." Chloe said appreciatively.

Jesse simply nodded in response and turned around to walk away. But remembered something and spun back around, making Chloe give him a look of confusion. "Have you talked to Beca recently? I talked to her a little while ago and she seemed a bit off."