Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

Hello, i come in peace and apologeticly. I have been gone for 2years and if you hate me and want to shoot me go ahead i deserve it. I stopped writing because i didnt believe that i could write i thought this story was shit so i lost faith and stopped. It took me two years to start writing again and to realise im not a quitter eventhough it took me way too long to figure it out. I hope you can forgive me and enjoy this book.

Enjoy!

MERCY POV:

My head hurt, that’s the simplest way of describing the pain I felt. I sensed pain in parts of my body I didn’t even know existed until now. I tried to open my eyes and see my soundings but I could see nothing but darkness. I started to panic did I lose my sight? I can’t remember the last thing I saw. Oh shit oh shit oh shit, what am I going to do? I was struggling to live here with my perfect sight how the hell am I going to navigate around without my eyes my beautiful perfect eyes, oh lord have mercy what am I going to do. I would have carried on with my rant of despair but a door opened, I strained my ears trying to hear anything that could give me away to where I was.

“Headmaster I’ve been searching up on her symptoms on our records and well, nothing was there to help me I mean us. I don’t understand why her wolf is acting out, in every book I’ve read or every person I’ve spoken to said more or less the same thing; it’s impossible it’s never happened before it can’t be happening” her voice raised with concern and frustration obviously this girl is causing this person stress.

The headmaster sighed heavily his foot tapping the ground in a slow and steady rhythm that helped me focus more. “Well it seems we’ve reached a dead end, again I think it’s time we start looking at stories/myths that come with our history maybe we will find something there” he spoke sullenly.

“But headmaster it’s unlikely we will find anything there to help her, this poor child’s already been through a terrible ordeal that would leave most people traumatised, instead of looking at mythological stories sir I recommend as her nurse that we branch out to other pack nurses and doctors to see whether we are able to help her-” the headmaster cut her off.

“Nurse you know how much I respect you and your opinion  but for some reason I believe you should look into the myths I just have a feeling its related after all they do say that in every myth there’s some truths and that’s something we just have to do for her and our sake” he finishes. His foot tapping starts to match the beating of my heart it goes from being slow and steady to a ridiculously fast pace that I’m scared of having a heart attack.

The door opened and closed I’m guessing the headmaster departed somewhere. My head still couldn’t get round to what I just learnt, why are they talking about a wolf being inside someone? Who is this girl and why do they both seem like time is running out for her? I have all these questions and no one to answer them I feel more confused than I was before.

I felt someone move towards me and delicately swabbed my hands as she talked to herself. “How can a new student go through so much in her 1st week Mercy Brown your just as troubled as your wolf is” a needle went into my arm and darkness came over me.

CALLUM POV

The nurse told me to come back after an hour, 1 hour turned into 3days. It’s been 3 days since I found Mercy unconscious in our room, 3 days and I have no clue as to who would hurt someone, I’m not surprised that this has happened I was told to expect it. After all what her parents did to us seems unforgivable in many people’s eyes. Mercy’s parents left us behind without a second thought. Leaving a pack is 20 times worse than leaving your family it’s like having a limb ripped from you. If one part of your body is in pain than the rest of your body is also in pain. If a person leaves a pack they leave their family their heritage, it’s hard for anyone to take in, it takes us weeks for us to start functioning like a pack again but when Mercy’s parent left it was worse so much worse. Mercy’s dad, Paul was the alpha of the pack but not only that he was the heart of the pack, our sole existence was in his hands he kept us from harm from and helped us fend off rival packs  apparently he was one the greats my father tells me but then again he was my dad’s best friend.