Chapter 9. Ethan Rom

Right now I'm sitting reading a book third time now when Hurley comes over.

"Hey Hayley"

"Whats up Hurley?"

"I'm going around asking everyone their name and where they were born to make sure there all 48 of us"

"Well my full name is Hayley White and I was born in Los Angeles, California"

"Hayley, do you happen to me related too the family of criminals Whites"

"If I said yes would you look at me differently"

"The day we crashed you saved a lot of peoples live so no not really"

"Well Hurley sadly yes, I am related to them, also Hurley"

"Yes?"

"Just use the flights manifest if you want to make sure everyones here"

"Good idea"

As he walks away I say "Wait"

"Yes?"

"Can I help?"

"Of couse Hayley"

*

"Alright last is Sawyer" Hurley says

"Um, I got this one" I say has Hurley hand me the manifest.

Sawyer was doing what he always does sitting under a tree and read a book.

"Hey country boy"

He looks shocked and surprised that someone caled him a nickname.

"Hey shorty what do you need?"

"Hurley and I are going around making sure everyone ones the manifest"

"Why?"

"Just to make sure we know everybody, I came over instead of Hurley to make sure your name was Sawyer on here and not your secret name"

He smiles letting his dimples show.

"My name on there is Sawyer"

"Okay thanks, bye country boy"

"Bye Shorty"

I get back to Hurley "Wait Hurley, I met an Ethan the other day and hes not on here, that means he wasn't on the flight"

"We need to tell Jack"

"Hurley you know what this means?"

"What?"

"Were not alone"

*

We tell Jack about Ethan and he tells us that the french woman that made the distress call is on the island and she took Sayid. The french woman, Danielle Russo, was also talking about someone taking her baby, Alex. Sayid is back now and is safe.

After a while I realize I haven't seen Claire and Charlie in a while.

"Hey guys has anyone seen Claire or Charlie in the past couple hours?" I ask the group

Right now I'm with Jack, Kate, Boone, and Locke at the caves.

"No" says Jack

"I haven't seem them either" Kate says

"Shouldn't we go looking for them" I say

We decided to all go looking for them. I go tell Sawyer where I'm going to be, because if I don't he goes around asking everybody where I'm at and makes a big deal about it.

*

As we follow the the footprint left behind I walk with Boone, I've become pretty good friends with Boone these past couple weeks.

We come to a crossroads to trials leading in two different directions.

"What do we do?" Boone asks

"We split up" I say

"Okay Kate and I will go left, you three go right" Jack says

"Got it" I say

*

I notice something on the ground something interesting.

"Hey guys wait" I say

"What is it?" Locke ask

"Look here, its like a hatch or something"

Boone starts moving around the dirt to see how big this thing really is.

"Its going to take days to uncover this thing" Locke says

"There no way to open this thing" I say

*

We decided to leave and head back to camp.

I see Jack, Kate, and Charlie but no Claire

"What happened? Wheres Claire?" I ask

"When Kate and Jack found me Ethan had left me hanging practically dead. He still has Claire" Charlie tells me

"I promise we will not rest until Claire is found" Jack says

I decided to go back to camp at the beach. I take a steat next to Saywer and I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes

"Long day?" he ask

"You could say that"