Chapter 6: Safe And Sound

When you woke up, you found yourself back inside the safety of the TARDIS.

"Doctor? What happened?" You ask as you rub your eyes and stretched. "The Zygon's had injected poison into you to keep you quiet, caused you to fall asleep, nothing dangerous though." He told you as he kept flicking switches on the control panel. "And what of the Zygon's?" You ask. "I had a little chat with them, and they agreed to leave after I took them to a different planet." He said. You nodded your head.

"That's good then" You commented. The Doctor looked over at you and smiled. "Yeah, it is". You smiled back.

"So, where are we going then?" You asked excitedly, standing up in the process. "Well, I actually thought you'd wanna go home after all that happened..." The Doctor confessed.

You look at him with a confused look, raising an eyebrow in the process. "Home? Why would I wanna go home? Yeah sure, I hardly know you, you're an alien meaning 'very strange' to me and I've faced big red monsters, you've left me with them, then came back to rescue me, but why would I want to leave after all that? Why would I want to leave you? All my life I've been praying for a different one, a more exciting one, and travelling with you, is more than I could ever ask for. Doctor, I never wanna leave this all behind... I'm not going anywhere." You smile at him, all whilst taking a few steps closer to him, and with every step and word that escaped your lips, The Doctor's smile grew bigger.

When you reached him fully, you embraced him in a reassuring hug, as you could see that he wasn't secure, he was an emotional wreck, he wasn't showing it much, you had to give him that, but you could see it in his eyes, so lonely, so many heartbreaks, you just couldn't leave him, even if it did get too much for you, he needed you, and you needed him.

At first, The Doctor was startled by your hug, but soon eased into it and wrapped his long, muscular arms around you and moved his head into your hair, taking in your scent, you did the same; and it couldn't have felt more right and perfect. "Thank you. I promise, I'll keep you safe and sound, whatever it takes." He whispered. In response, you rubbed his back. You wanted to kiss him, but you didn't want to ruin anything, so for now, you was happy.

When you pulled away, The Doctor started wiping a few stray tears from his cheeks, and you wiped one of yours away too. Then you both just looked at each other, with smiles plastered on each other's face.

"Right!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands together, clearly a lot happier by now. "How would you like to visit two friends of mine?" He asked with a huge outstretched smile. "I'd love to!" You grinned from ear to ear. You've always loved meeting new people and making friends, but sadly, back home, you were frowned upon because your mother had you when she was 14 and left you with your granddad, who passed away 3 days before your 10th birthday; you were then taken into care and have only just got out of care last month when you turned 18.

"Off we go then!" The Doctor exclaimed excitedly.

"Geronimo!" You cried. The Doctor looked at you and grinned like the Cheshire cat, admiring the way you said that word; exactly how he says it.